- Winnie Roberts's Profile
- Family Tree & Genealogy Tools
This biography was auto-generated by a GEDCOM import. It's a rough draft and needs to be edited.
- Name: Winnie /Roberts/
- Given Name: Winnie
- Surname: Roberts
- Name: Winifred Lucinda /Caudill/
- Given Name: Winifred Lucinda
- Surname: Caudill
Found multiple versions of NAME. Using Winnie /Roberts/.
- Event: Tree of Bernard Stone
- Type: Fact 1
- User ID: 46962D9EDAF2434588E5F3B019AF1A4330DC
- Data Changed:
- Date: 28 Apr 2013
- Time: 22:51
- Date: 28 Apr 2013
Prior to import, this record was last changed 22:51 28 Apr 2013.
- Note: #NI7776
- Note NI7776Isaac Little abt 1760-1824
- LITTLE: Isaac (not Quaker, only on the Draper list)
- Isaac was b. about 1760 Wilkes Co., NC - d. about 1824 Pike Co., KY m. Winny (Roberts ?, last name assumed because a James Roberts was administrator of the will of Isaac Little). Children: Elizabeth m. David Branham b. 1779 in Montgomery Co., VA. David Branham s/o David Branham and Frances Basket; son William m. Elizabeth Swinney (Sweeney?) and 2nd m. Elizabeth Terrell.
- From Leo W. Little of Austin TX: Isaac Little is found on the following records: 1773, Fincastle Co., VA tithables; 1778 Surry Co., NC tax list owning land west of the Blue Ridge; 1778 Wilkes Co., NC tax list on the south part of New River; 1782 Montgomery Co., VA tax list; 1787 Wilkes Co., NC tax list in Capt. Brown's District. From 1788 to 1802 he is on the Russell Co., VA tax list and he is on the 1810 and 1820 Floyd Co., KY federal census. He is associated with a Charles Little (1778 Wilkes tax list who stays in Ashe Co., NC through 1810), and James (Montgomery 1782), Thomas (1778 Surry/Wilkes NC), John (of Rowan Co. who appears next to Charles in Ashe Co.) and Peter who also appears next to Charles. DNA testing shows that Peter and Isaac are closely related and it is thought that Peter is likely a son of Charles and that Isaac is a first cousin of Charles. Charles is the son of a Charles Little Sr. Charles Sr. was listed in Pittsylvania Co., VA along with an older Isaac Little. Both Charles Sr. and the older Isaac are thought to be sons of Abraham Little who was in the Pittsylvania/Halifax County area since 1730. Leo Little of Texas believes this older Isaac is likely to be the father of the Isaac on the Flower Swift militia muster. Edmund Little (m. Joannah Pennington b. 1765) who died in a logging accident in Montgomery (now Grayson) Co., VA in 1788 is also shown by DNA to be of this line and is another likely son of Charles Jr.
- The Littles above are also by DNA testing closely related to William Little of Pendleton District, SC. This William may be a brother of the Isaac in the Swift militia company. DNA testing shows this line of Littles is not related to William Little of Surry Co., VA and his wife Mourning. Nor are these Littles related to Joseph Little of Pitt Co., NC (DNA testing shows the difference).
- Family lore says that Isaac's wife, Winny could be Cherokee, although this has not been proved. There is similar Cherokee lore in the Peter Little and also the William Little of Pendleton Dist. SC families. The latter William's son William was squatting on Cherokee land in Wofford's Settlement in Georgia in 1800 and may have also been married to a Cherokee woman.
- Some of the families they migrate with from New River were well known Loyalists in the Revolution (Roberts, Riddle, Ingram, Wells, Blevins, and many of the mixed race people [mixture of Virginia Indians and Europeans]).
- Isaac Little reappears on the "2nd" Flower Swift Militia List.
- Some Littles move to Ross Co., Ohio with the settlers from Grayson and intermarry with the Greggs.
- 1767-1771 Regulator Petitions: No Littles, no Branhams; James and Joseph Sweaney
- On the 1782 Montgomery Co., VA personal tax list Isaac Little has 0 slaves, 0 horses and 0 cows, and he is not on the 1793 Wythe tax list. No Branhams either. Isaac and Thomas Little also appear on the 1778 Surry Co., NC land tax list of those owning land west of the Blue Ridge (land now in Ashe, Alleghany or Watauga counties).
Thank you to Angelee Mullins for creating WikiTree profile Roberts-8102 through the import of Mullins-Rose 11-6-2013.ged on Nov 7, 2013. Click to the Changes page for the details of edits by Angelee and others.
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
It may be possible to confirm family relationships with Winnie by comparing test results with other carriers of her mitochondrial DNA. However, there are no known mtDNA test-takers in her direct maternal line. It is likely that these autosomal DNA test-takers will share DNA with Winnie:
- Larry Ayers - AncestryDNA
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Family Tree DNA.
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to the Profile Manager. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)
There are no public comments yet.