26 Aug 1882 His birthplace is unclear but was definitely in Tennessee. Some sources lists his birthplace as James County, Tennessee (which went bankrupt) and his WWII draft card lists it as Chattanooga, Tennessee.
7 Nov 1904 in Little Rock, Arkansas
Lists his birth place as James County, Tennessee
7 Aug 1908 in Jefferson, Missouri.
Lists his birth place as James County, Tennessee.
9 May 1910 in Fort Casey, Island, Washington
27 Sept 1911 in Jefferson, Missouri.
7 Nov 1923 in Tacoma, Pierce, Washington
- Nana Morris
- C.W. Dauscher
2 Apr 1930
Seattle, King, Washington
- Lists George's age as 46 - which puts his birth year at approximately 1886.
- Lists the age at which George was married at age 40 and Julia's age at marriage as 28. This means that the couple was married six years prior to the 1930 census, placing their approximate marriage date as 1924.
- He is listed as a clerk at the post office.
- He is listed as a veteran of the World War.
5 Apr 1940 3028 W. 59th Street in Seattle, King, Washington
World War II Draft Card
Date: 1942 (Month & Day not listed) Place: Seattle, King, Washington Lists birth place as Chattanooga, Tennessee.
According to George Rogers' death certificate, he died on 29 Aug 1956 in Fort Steliacoom (Rural), Pierce County, Washington State.
Seattle Post Intelligencer - accessed on 12/11/2009 Saturday 1 Sept 1956 George M. Rogers George M. Rogers, 74, a resident of Seattle for 37 years, died at his home, 323 E. 77th Street. Mr. Rogers was born in Memphis, Tenn. He was a retired post office employee and a member of the Retired Post Office Employes' Association. He also was a member of the American Legion. He served with the Coast Artillery during World War 1. Survivors include his wife, Julia; a daughter, Mrs. Nancy Dugger, Bainbridge, Md., and three grandchildren. Funeral services will be held at 1 p.m. Saturday at Green Lake Bethany Church. Cremation will follow. Green Lake Funeral Home is in charge of arrangements.
- Washington State Department of Health and Human Services, "Death Certificates (Washington State), 1907 - 1960," database, Washington State, Washington State Digital Archives (www.digitalarchives.wa.gov : 2008), Name: George M. Rogers, Image No: 1505, Document No: 5
- Obiturary of George M. Rogers, Seattle Post Intelligencer, Seattle, Washington, 1 September 1956, Pg. 19, 3 columns from the right.
- National Archives and Records Administration, "U.S. World War II Draft Registration Cards, 1942," database & images, Ancestry, Ancestry.com (www.Ancestry.com : accessed 6 December 2012), George Monroe Rogers, born 26 Aug 1882; citing National Archives Pacific Alaska Region (Seattle); Seattle, Washington; Fourth Registration Draft Cards (WWII); Record Group 147; Archive Number 563992; Box Number 173.
- 1940 US Federal Census, King. Washington, population schedule, , enumeration district (ED) ED 40-17, 61 (penned) B (stamped), House 3028, Family 24, George M. Rogers; digital images, FamilySearch (www.FamilySearch.org : downloaded 31 July 2012).
- Washington, King, 1930 U.S. census, \i Ancestry\i0 (www.ancestry.com: National Archives and Records Administration, 2002), T626, roll 2502, Seattle, enumeration district (ED) 189, sheet 1B, dwelling 25, family 25, George M. Rogers, accessed 23 Jul 2008.
- Washington State Archives, "Washington, Marriage Records, 1865-2004," Marriage Records, Ancestry (Ancestry.com : accessed 6 December 2012), entry for George M. Rogers and Julia M. Morris; Washington State Archives. Olympia, Washington.; Certificate Number: 35887.
- Records of the Adjutant General’s Office, 1780’s-1917, Record Group 94, "U.S. Army, Register of Enlistments, 1798-1914," digital image, Ancestry, Ancestry.com (www.Ancestry.com : accessed 23 August 2009), George M. Rogers, Enlistment number: 1905; citing National Archives Microfilm Publication M233, 81 rolls.
- Records of the Adjutant General’s Office, 1780’s-1917, Record Group 94, "U.S. Army, Register of Enlistments, 1798-1914," digital image, Ancestry, Ancestry.com (www.Ancestry.com : accessed 23 August 2009), George M. Rogers, enlistment date: 7 Nov 1904, number 1454; citing National Archives Microfilm Publication M233, 81 rolls.
- Records of the Adjutant General’s Office, 1780’s-1917, Record Group 94, "U.S. Army, Register of Enlistments, 1798-1914," digital image, Ancestry, Ancestry.com (www.Ancestry.com : accessed 23 August 2009), George M. Rogers, Enlistment Number: 1568, Enlistment Date: Aug 7 1908; citing Original data: Register of Enlistments in the U.S. Army, 1798-1914; (National Archives Microfilm Publication M233, 81 rolls; C.A. probably means coast artillery. Company 85.
- 1910 U.S. Federal Census, King County, Washington, population schedule, Fort Casey, Coupeville Precinct, enumeration district (ED) 3, Sheet Number 9B, Line 69, dwelling 253, family 256, George M. Rogers; digital images, Ancestry (www.Ancestry.com : accessed 23 August 2009); National Archives and Records Administration, T624.
Searching for someone else?
- George Rogers
- George Washington Rogers
- George Washington Rogers
- George William Rogers
- George Rogers Clark Todd
- George Rogers Hagy
- George Rogers Gilbert
- George Rogers
- George Rogers
- George E Rogers
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
It may be possible to confirm family relationships with George by comparing test results with other carriers of his Y-chromosome or his mother's mitochondrial DNA. However, there are no known yDNA or mtDNA test-takers in his direct paternal or maternal line. It is likely that these autosomal DNA test-takers will share DNA with George:
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Family Tree DNA.
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to the Profile Manager. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)
There are no public comments yet.
George is 21 degrees from Kevin Bacon, 24 degrees from AJ Jacobs, 36 degrees from Gene Kelly, 22 degrees from Maureen O'Hara and 22 degrees from Queen Elizabeth II of the Commonwealth Realms on our single family tree. Login to find your connection.