Agnes Ann Rolfe (Ross, Roffe) was born March 1, 1561/2 in Worstead, Norfolk, England to Nicholas and Cecilia (Carr) Rolfe.
In 1583, Agnes married John Aldrich (Aldriche) in Worstead Parish, Norfolk, England. Their marriage is shown in a record book of Norfolk, England Parish Registers for the period 1581-1590 (under "A" and also "R"). The record book also shows Aldriche births: Imma (1585), John (1588), and Grace (1590). It seems likely that they are the children of John and Agnes (Rolfe) Aldriche. Other reported children are Clement and Margaret (Aldred) Sayre.
I think her name is Rolfe based on the entry under "A".
Although not as clear, I think that the entry under "R" could be read as Rolfe also.
I think neither could be read as Ross (or Rosse), based on "Russell" from the same "R" page:
- ↑ Ross-3350 1561; Rolfe-91 had 1562 (both had March 1). At that time, March would have been the start of the new year (see Sue Roe's article, "The Problem of Dates"). Dates for events occurring in January, February, or March are frequently written with a double year (e.g., 1561/2).
- ↑ https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/VNNG-YLY
- ↑ two entries in Rolfe-91 at time of merge (Oct. 29, 2014): Clement Aldridge Sr. and Clement Allred
- ↑ see Pam Wilson's Arledge site, specifically this page about Clement's son
- ↑ from Ross-3350
- ↑ in Norwich, from Ross-3350
- ↑ in Worstead, from Rolfe-9
- Family Search
- "England, Norfolk, Parish Registers (County Record Office), 1510-1997," index and images, FamilySearch (image: accessed 22 Aug 2014). Record Office, Norwich.
- Pam Wilson's Arledge Family History Project (on Facebook)
- S-1024580409: Ancestry Family Trees (Family Tree files submitted by Ancestry members).
- Rolfe-91 was created through the import of Holman Family Tree.ged on 06 March 2011. Source citation: S-1024580409.
- The WikiTree profile Ross-3350 was created by X Gorby on January 21, 2013. (No sources given.)
- Rolf-59 was created by Mike Arledge on 11 Sep 13.
- The WikiTree profile Ross-3734 was created by William Howard through the import of WB Howard 050913.ged on May 10, 2013. (No sources given.)
- Ross-3350 biographical sketch and sources link (Family Search image) added for Ross-3350 on August 22, 2014 by Liz Shifflett, 10x-great-granddaughter.
- The WikiTree profile Rolfe-805 was created by Terry Childress, Wednesday, August 6, 2014. (No sources given.)
Note: As discussed here, and posted in G2G, Rolfe is likely the best birth surname for Agnes. Therefore, I protected this profile (under the Arborists project) to facilitate merges with profiles using other spellings. If evidence is found to support a different spelling, please start another G2G discussion. Thanks!
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).DNA
No known carriers of Agnes's mitochondrial DNA have taken an mtDNA test.
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? Login to add it.
Worstead, Norfolk, England 1583 Comments: 2. WikiTree Popularity: 1.
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: Liz Shifflett, Terry Childress, Ross Holman, William Howard, X Gorby, and Mike Arledge. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for questions directed to the wider genealogy community.)
On October 29, 2014 at 15:39GMT Liz Shifflett wrote:
On October 26, 2014 at 07:06GMT Liz Shifflett wrote:
On August 22, 2014 at 20:51GMT Liz Shifflett wrote:
On August 22, 2014 at 14:49GMT Liz Shifflett wrote: