- George Rush's Profile
- Family Tree & Genealogy Tools
The following Revolutionary War Record has been accepted by the Daughters of the American Revolution (D.A.R.):
George Rush, private in Captain Henry Lee's Company in the First Regiment Light Dragoons Continental Troops commanded by Col. Thederick Bland. Neither the date of his enlistment, nor the period of his service is shown. His name was borne on the rolls of that county from 1777 to Feb. 1778. All of this info. came from a book "Rush Memoirs" compiled and edited by Elizabeth Denson Lipscomb and Rosalind Davison Washington. Library of Congress Catalog Card No. 75-23570.
This information was submitted by George Dexter Rush, Jr. of Ware Shoals, SC. Note: Roger Rush of Mobile, Ala. (P number WCWN10A) sent the data to me. He had received it from George Dexter Rush III. George Rush is buried in the Rush Cemetery in Otto, NC (5 miles from Franklin in Rush Cemetery on land that was once Gray/Rush land in the Hickory Knoll Community.
- Religion: Lutheran
- Burial: Rush Cemetery, Macon County, NC
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).DNA
No known carriers of George's Y-chromosome or his mother's mitochondrial DNA have taken yDNA or mtDNA tests.
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? Login to add it.
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages:
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for questions directed to the wider genealogy community.)
There are no public comments yet.