Husband of Joan (Unknown) Ryves — married [marriage date?] [marriage location?] Husband of Joan Vak — married 1487 in Blandford Forum, Dorset, England map Husband of Jane Ryves Sewell — married 1514 in England
This person was created through the import of My Family File.ged on 19 May 2010. The following data was included in the gedcom. You may wish to edit it for readability.
- Occupation: Nobleman, Armiger, and high member of the court of King Henry VIII
- Note: @N56@
- @N56@ NOTE
- Note: Robert Ryves is the Progenitor of the modern-day Reeves family, our most ancient ancestor by name and direct linage. He may have been an early generation in England and may have had a father or grandfather who was born in the Languedoc region of France, butthis is a subject of great contention and debate among even the most well-studied of Ryves Scholars.
- Next Line:
- Next Line: Of some fifty-six members of the family who attained manhood during the five generations succeeding the death of Robert ,Five had Knighthood confirmed upon them ; one became Deputy Lord Liutenant of Dorset; one ,speaker of the Irish House of Lords;one, Warden of New College, Oxford; one, an Alderman of London; Thrre High Sheriffs; one, Mayor of Shaftesbury; one Town Clerk of Woodstock, and one, Steward of the University of Oxford.
- Next Line:
- Next Line: The Influence of Robert Ryves in encouraging education and loyal service to church and crown is indisputable. Robert Ryves was an avid supporter of four churches in the Blandford Parish area,which included Blandford Parish Church .
- Next Line:
- Next Line: With a Proven and Consistent record of service to God, Church and Crown, The Ryves family and their descendants, are deserving of having a replacement plaque identifying the family crypt within their original Church of Worship in Dorset County embodied in a memorial to Robert Ryves.
- Next Line:
This person was created through the import of Dickinson Family Tree.ged on 31 March 2011. The following data was included in the gedcom. You may wish to edit it for readability.
- Source: #S-1992164786
- Page: Ancestry Family Trees
- Note: Rives
No SOUR record found with id S-1992164786.
extracted from "Our Reeves" by Beaulah McGuire Reeves and Bessie Reeves Hoke.
- ↑ Entered by Roger Davis.
Thanks to Roger Davis for starting this profile. Click the Changes tab for the details of contributions by Roger and others.
Web: International, Find-a-Grave Index. Broderbund WFT, Vol. 1, Ed. 1.
Reliques of the Ryves: Being Historical and Genealogical Notes of the Ancient Family of Ryves of County Dorset.
Thanks to Ellen Blackwell for starting this profile. Click the Changes tab for the details of contributions by Ellen and others.
Robert was born in 1465. Robert Ryves ... He passed away in 1551. 
No more info is currently available for Robert Ryves. Can you add to his biography?
- Tony Woodcock, firsthand knowledge. Click the Changes tab for the details of edits by Tony and others.
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
No known carriers of Robert's Y-chromosome or his mother's mitochondrial DNA have taken yDNA or mtDNA tests.
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Family Tree DNA.
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: Roger Davis, Ellen Blackwell, and Tony Woodcock. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for questions directed to the wider genealogy community.)
On March 14, 2014 at 20:18GMT Bob Tonsmeire wrote: