Robert Reve ( or Ryve or Ryves ) of Blandford, Dorset, England is the first of the surname that that shows up in England on a record 
The Will of Robert Reve or Ryve of Blandford Forum, Dorset was written on 20th day of October 1549. This was after the death of his son John and his grandson also named Joh (then only 13) made heir
- Courtier to King Henry VIII, Nobleman, Armiger, and high member of the court of King Henry VIII
- About 1501
Husband of Joan (Unknown) Ryves. Some sources say she may be of the Brune or DeBrune family.
- rough transcript of will Will of Robert Reve Prob 11 25 Powell 1552 http://www.wikitree.com/index.php?title=Space:Ryves_wills&public=1
- Note: Robert Ryves is the Progenitor of the modern-day Reeves family, our most ancient ancestor by name and direct lineage. He may have been an early generation in England and may have had an ancestor that was born in the Languedoc region of France, but this is a subject of great contention and debate among even the most well-studied of Ryves Scholars.
- Next Line:
- Next Line: Of some fifty-six members of the family who attained manhood during the five generations succeeding the death of Robert, five had Knighthood confirmed upon them; one became Deputy Lord Lieutenant of Dorset; one, speaker of the Irish House of Lords; one, Warden of New College, Oxford; one, an Alderman of London; three High Sheriffs; one, Mayor of Shaftesbury; one, Town Clerk of Woodstock, and one, Steward of the University of Oxford.
- Next Line:
- Next Line: The Influence of Robert Ryves in encouraging education and loyal service to church and crown is indisputable. Robert Ryves was an avid supporter of four churches in the Blandford Parish area, which included Blandford Parish Church.
- Next Line:
- Next Line: With a Proven and Consistent record of service to God, Church and Crown, The Ryves family and their descendants, are deserving of having a replacement plaque identifying the family crypt within their original Church of Worship in Dorset County embodied in a memorial to Robert Ryves.
- ↑ Hutchin's History of Dorset, 3rd Ed., Vol.III.
- ↑ Stuart Booth, Damory of Blandford Dorset Life http://www.dorsetlife.co.uk/2009/10/damory-of-blandford/
- ↑ The Dorsetshire Family of Ryves. Chapter 1., Pg. 1
- ↑ The National Archives Will of Robert Reve or Ryve of Blandford Forum, Dorset PROB 11/35/113 probate granted 24 March 1552, http://discovery.nationalarchives.gov.uk/details/r/D952931 images viewable on ancestry.co.uk
- ↑ extracted from "Our Reeves" by Beaulah McGuire Reeves and Bessie Reeves Hoke.
- Childs, J. Rives. Reliques of the Rives (Ryves): being historical and genealogical notes of the ancient family Ryves of County Dorset and of the Rives of Virginia, an essay, sociological and historical of a family's contribution to the making of a nation. Lynchburg, Va.: J.P. Bell Co., 1929.
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
No known carriers of Robert's Y-chromosome or his mother's mitochondrial DNA have taken yDNA or mtDNA tests.
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Family Tree DNA.
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: Mikey Anonymous, Tony Woodcock, Ellen Blackwell, Roger Davis, and European Aristocrats Project WikiTree. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)
On July 20, 2016 at 17:37GMT Mikey Anonymous wrote:
On July 20, 2016 at 15:45GMT Helen Ford wrote:
Duplication extends to daughter Agnes who also has unsourced birth dates.(there aren't baptism records for these dates) The 'other' Agnes though has the correct children so there is one side of a family here and another one linked to the 'duplicate' . Merging brings two sides of the family together
birth date, I know of no sources for Robert's birthdate (no-one really knows where he came from before buying Randleston) He has to have been old enough to have a 20 year old grandson who inherited on 24 June 1556 (Hutchins ) Robert's, will confirms that John son of John will come of age at 20 1490 seems a reasonable estimate but he could have been born before that.
On July 19, 2016 at 02:14GMT Mikey Anonymous wrote:
On July 18, 2016 at 18:20GMT Roger Davis wrote:
On July 3, 2016 at 14:01GMT Helen Ford wrote:
On June 29, 2016 at 14:29GMT Helen Ford wrote:
Robert is 20 degrees from Kevin Bacon, 38 degrees from Anne Frank, 23 degrees from AJ Jacobs, 28 degrees from Neil deGrasse Tyson and 18 degrees from Queen Elizabeth II of the Commonwealth Realms on our single family tree. Login to find your connection.