- Guillaume Sallee's Profile
- Family Tree & Genealogy Tools
Guillieaume Salle married twice:
- Elizabeth, they married circa 1727. Elizabeth may have been the daughter of Antoine Gevedon. Guillaume and Elizabeth had at least 5 children, including:
- Elizabeth Salle, born 4 July 1728, daughter of Guillaume Salle and his wife, Elizabeth, godfather Thomas Girodan, godmother Olive Malet and Anne Cal__t;
- Elizabeth Salle, born 21 February 1729, daughter of Guillaume and Elizabeth Salle, godfather Isac Salle, godmother Magdelaine Salle and Elizabet Lesueur;
- Guillieaume Salle, born 17 April 1732, son of Guillaume and Elizabet Salle, godfather David Leseur and Estienne Mallet, godmother Olive Malet;
- Guillieaume Salle, born 8 May 1734, son of Guillaume and Elizabet Salle, godfather David Lesueur, godmother Sara Porter;
- Isaac Salle, born 27 July 1739, son of Guillieaume and Elizabet Salle, godfather Estienne Mallet, godmother Anne David;
- [Mary (Marie)] Magdelaine Chastain, born circa 1720, they married circa 1740, Magdelaine was the daughter of Dr Pierre Chastain and his second wife, Anne Soblet, and Guillaume and Magdelaine had children:
- Isaac Salle, born 22 April 1741, son of Guillieaume Salle and Magdelaine, his wife, godfather Jean Chastain, godmother Charlote Chastain;
- Pierre Salle, born 13 July 1743, son of Guillieaume Salle and his wife, Magdelaine;
- Jean Salle, born 2 November 1745, son of Guilliaume Salle and his wife, Magdelaine, godfather Abraham Salle and Jean Chastain the younger, and godmother Elizabeth Le Sueur;
- Olive Salle, a son born on 5 November, 1749;
- Jacob Salle, born circa 1751;
- Abraham Salle, born circa 175-;
- George Salle, born circa 175- or 176-;
- Stephen Salle, born circa 1764, living aged 86 in Madison Co, Kentucky in Census of 1850;
Births of children recorded in the "Register Containing the Baptisms made in the Church of the French Refugees at Manikin-Town in Virginia, in the Parish of King William":
- a black girl named Anna was born 8 January 1731 to Guilieaume Salle;
- a black girl named Mall was born 4 February 1732  to Guilieaume Salle;
- a little black girl named Sarra to Guiliaume Salle;
- a black girl named Dorotie was born on 28 April 1739 to Guilieaume Salle;
- a black girl named Fillis was born on 28 May 1739 to Guilieaume Salle;
- a black girl named Moll was born 20 February 1741  to Guiliaume Salle;
- a black girl named Nanney was born 6 April 1741  to Guiliaume Salle;
William Salle patented 1200 acres in Goochland on 12 January 1746/7 and this land was included in a patent of 1978 acres in Albemarle County on 12 May 1759. "William Sale of the Parish of St Anns in the County Of Albemarle" sold his realty in King William Parish Cumberland County, Virginia in Mary 1750. "William Sallie, Senior" advertised land for sale in 1771 the County of Buckingham (divided from Albemarle in 1762). "William Sally Senr" was taxed in Buckingham on land in 1782, and on personalty each year from 1782 until 1789, after which in 1790 "Wm Sallee Estt" was taxed.
William Salle also known as Sallee died on 15 February 1789.
Magdelaine, William's widow, survived him and was last recorded on the reality lists in 1803.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 1.7 Cameron, 1964, Image online - subscription required, pp. 141-2.
- ↑ Brock, 1962, p. 81.
- ↑ Brock, 1962, p. 83.
- ↑ Brock, 1962, p. 87.
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 Brock, 1962, p. 90.
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 6.2 Brock, 1962, p. 98.
- ↑ Cameron, 1964, Image online - subscription required, p. 8.
- ↑ Cameron, 1964, Image online - subscription required, p. 5.
- ↑ Brock, 1962, p. 101.
- ↑ 10.0 10.1 Brock, 1962, p. 108.
- ↑ Brock, 1962, p. 105.
- ↑ 12.0 12.1 Brock, 1962, p. 89.
- ↑ 13.0 13.1 Brock, 1962, p. 102.
- Robert Alonzo Brock, ed., Documents, chiefly unpublished, relating to the Huguenot Emigration to Virginia and to the settlement at Manakin-Town, with an appendix of genealogies, presenting data of the Fontaine, Maury, Dupuy, Trabue, Marye, Chastain, Cocke, and other families, (Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co for Virginia Historical Society, 1962 [originally 1886]), accessed 13 September 2015, .
- Cameron Allen, "The Chastain Families of Manakin Town in Virginia", The American Genealogist, XL, (New Haven, Connecticut: Donald L Jacobus, 1964), accessed 14 September 2015, .
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
No known carriers of Guillaume's Y-chromosome or his mother's mitochondrial DNA have taken yDNA or mtDNA tests.
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Family Tree DNA.
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: Glen Mctaggart, Margaret Moyer, and Todd Call. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)
There are no public comments yet.
Guillaume is 20 degrees from Kevin Bacon, 18 degrees from AJ Jacobs, 30 degrees from Gene Kelly, 27 degrees from Bram Stoker and 20 degrees from Queen Elizabeth II of the Commonwealth Realms on our single family tree. Login to find your connection.