This person was created through the import of Shortened files.ged on 30 December 2010. The following data was included in the gedcom. You may wish to edit it for readability.
- Date: say 1730s
- Place: England
Could not parse date out of Birth Date (say 1730s).
- Note: @N4825@
- @N4825@ NOTE
- His identity is presumed based on the John Semple Jr and two others, who witnessed Jacob Kooser's will.
- No connection is known, but there were very few people named Sample or Semple in colonial America.
- One was Capt. Robert Sample (DAR Natl No. 76943) whose record states he was Sheriff of Cumberland Co PA, Capt 10th PA 4 Dec 1776, prisoner 7 Mar 1778 at Germantown, exchanged 4 Nov 1780, retires 1 Jan 1781. Original member of Society of Cincinnati, State of PA. Officers of Revolution, p 517; PA Recs Vol X, p 63; Egles Notes & Queries, Vol 11, p 151.
- A gedcom at Ancestry.com has this data, with additions from 1927 DAR application in brackets:
- ROBERT SAMPLE
- Birth: 14 AUG 1733 in on ocean from Long Dreghorn, Kirkhouse, Scotland or Sept. 30, 1735 on Atlantic Ocean [DAR says 20 Sep 1735]
- Death: 14 AUG 1808 in Beaver Co PA after severe illness of 7 days
- Immigration: AFT 1785 Pittsburg to Beaver Co PA
- Occupation: 1774 Sheriff, Cumberland Co. from Gov. John Penn
- Occupation: 1792 Innkeeper, West Pennsborough Turnpike
- Burial: AFT 14 AUG 1808 Allegheny Cemetery, Section 2, Pittsburgh, PA
- Burial: AUG 1808 Allegheny Cemetery, Allegheny Co Pa.
- Religion: 1785 Pew Holder at First Presbyterian, Carlisle
- Event: Obituary 17 AUG 1808 The Pittsburgh Gazette, Pittsburgh, Allegheny Co Pa.
- Will: 10 AUG 1808 Allegheny Co Pa. WB 1 page 265
- Father: JOHN SEMPLE b: BET 1690 AND 1700 in Long Dreghorn or Kirkhouse, Scotland
- Marriage #1 LYDIA STEEL b: 1743 [d 1775]
- ? Married: 1763 in Pittsburgh, Allegheny Co PA
- 1. SARAH JANE SEMPLE b: 29 FEB 1764 in Carlisle, PA [m 1784 Thomas Butler Jr, Mar 1797]
- 2. Jane Ann Semple b: 26 NOV 1766 [m -- Miller, Cumberland Co PA]
- 3. Steele Semple b: 26 AUG 1768 in Carlisle, PA [m Sarah Hays 16 Jun 1813]
- 4. Robert Jr. Semple b: 16 SEP 1772 in Pittsburgh, PA [m Isabel Trumball Ala.]
- 5. Jean Semple b: 6 FEB 1774[-1798]
- Marriage#2 Elizabeth Young b: 22 JAN 1754
- 1. James Semple b: 6 MAR 1777[-1813]
- 2. Lydia Semple b: 24 NOV 1778 in Cumberland Co Carlisle, PA [d 16 May 1834]
- 3. John Semple b: 3 NOV 1780
- 4. Elizabeth Semple b: 7 MAY 1782 [DAR says 20 Jan 1783]
- 5. Samuel Semple b: 28 FEB 1785
- 6. Mary Semple b: 28 MAY 1787
- 7. Joseph Semple b: 24 MAR 1790 [d is ca 1870]
- User ID: 4516D491FBC14AD6AF03097810CDBE2B9571
- Data Changed:
- Date: 26 OCT 2008
Prior to import, this record was last changed 26 OCT 2008.
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
No known carriers of John's Y-chromosome or his mother's mitochondrial DNA have taken yDNA or mtDNA tests and no close relatives have taken a 23andMe, AncestryDNA, or Family Tree DNA "Family Finder" test.
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? Login to add it.
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to the Profile Manager. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for questions directed to the wider genealogy community.)
There are no public comments yet.