- Sarah (Sampson) Bracewell's Profile
- Family Tree & Genealogy Tools
- Note: There is considerable disagreement among Bracewell researchers as to Sarah's maiden name. The 2 most frequently suggested names are Sampson and Valentine. I have not seen any definitive proof one way or the other. At this time, Sampson is the surname I feel has the most credibility.
- Sarah's will is dated March 20, 1733/34 and was recorded in Isle of Wight County, Virginia on May 26 1735. Her will mentions her son John, and his children (her grandchildren ) Mary, Benjamin, William and Sampson, as well as her daughter Jane.
- Date: 16 Jan 1651
- Place: Isle of Wight, Isle of Wight, Virginia, United States
- Date: 26 FEB 1734
- Place: Isle Wight, Virginia
- Husband: Richard Braswell
- Wife: Sarah Sampson
- Date: 16 JAN 1673
- Place: , Isle of Wight, Virginia
- Title: Ancestry Family Trees Publication: Online publication - Provo, UT, USA: Ancestry.com. Original data: Family Tree files submitted by Ancestry members. *Title: U.S. and International Marriage Records, 1560-1900 Author: Yates Publishing Publication: Name: Online publication - Provo, UT, USA: The Generations Network, Inc., 2004.
- Title: Family Data Collection - Individual Records Author: Edmund West, comp. Publication: Online publication - Provo, UT, USA: Ancestry.com Operations Inc, 2000.
- Title: Virginia Land, Marriage, and Probate Records, 1639-1850 Author: Ancestry.com Publication: Online publication - Provo, UT, USA: The Generations Network, Inc., 2004.Original data - Chalkley, Lyman. Chronicles of the Scotch-Irish Settlement in Virginia, 1745-1800. Extracted from the Original Court Records of Augusta County. Note: Ancestry.com, Virginia Land, Marriage, and Probate Records, 1639-1850
- BIRTH-DEATH: "The Braswell Family" by I.B. Kiker and W. W. Braswell; page 1.1 to 1.11; chapter 1
- DEATH-SPOUSE-CHILDREN: "The Bracewell or BRASWELL Family" compiled by Hugh Buckner Johnston, published 1963, FHLC microfilm
- BIRTH-SPOUSE-MARRIAGE-CHILDREN: "Following the Braswells West" by Dr. Roy Bennett Braswell; on-line version by Joyce Ann Braswell, published Oct 1990
- BIRTH-DEATH-SPOUSE-PARENTAGE-SIBLINGS-CHILDREN: web site www.sallysfamilyplace .com
Searching for someone else?
- Sarah Sampson
- Sarah (Barlow) Sampson
- Sarah Sampson
- Sarah Emma (Peary) Sampson
- Sarah (Sampson) King
- Sarah (Sampson) Wetherell
- Sarah (Upton) Sampson
- Sarah Sampson
- Sarah (MacFarland) Sampson
- Susanah (Burgess) Bracewell
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
It may be possible to confirm family relationships with Sarah by comparing test results with other carriers of her mitochondrial DNA. However, there are no known mtDNA test-takers in her direct maternal line. It is likely that these autosomal DNA test-takers will share DNA with Sarah:
- Archie Capps - AncestryDNA
GEDMatch ID A755498
- Nolan Henderson - Family Tree DNA Family Finder
GEDMatch ID F124098
Family Tree DNA kit 124098
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Family Tree DNA.
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: Theresa Reynolds, K Clark, Bob Carson, and Chris Harter. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for questions directed to the wider genealogy community.)
On December 24, 2014 at 05:32GMT Andrea Powell wrote:
Sarah is 15 degrees from Kevin Bacon, 19 degrees from AJ Jacobs, 44 degrees from Lisa Kudrow, 25 degrees from Kurt Vonnegut and 19 degrees from Queen Elizabeth II of the Commonwealth Realms on our single family tree. Login to find your connection.