- Sarah (Sampson) Bracewell's Profile
- Family Tree & Genealogy Tools
- Note: There is considerable disagreement among Bracewell researchers as to Sarah's maiden name. The 2 most frequently suggested names are Sampson and Valentine. I have not seen any definitive proof one way or the other. At this time, Sampson is the surname I feel has the most credibility.
- Sarah's will is dated March 20, 1733/34 and was recorded in Isle of Wight County, Virginia on May 26 1735. Her will mentions her son John, and his children (her grandchildren ) Mary, Benjamin, William and Sampson, as well as her daughter Jane.
- Date: 16 Jan 1651
- Place: Isle of Wight, Isle of Wight, Virginia, United States
- Date: 26 FEB 1734
- Place: Isle Wight, Virginia
- Husband: Richard Braswell
- Wife: Sarah Sampson
- Date: 16 JAN 1673
- Place: , Isle of Wight, Virginia
- Title: Ancestry Family Trees Publication: Online publication - Provo, UT, USA: Ancestry.com. Original data: Family Tree files submitted by Ancestry members. *Title: U.S. and International Marriage Records, 1560-1900 Author: Yates Publishing Publication: Name: Online publication - Provo, UT, USA: The Generations Network, Inc., 2004.
- Title: Family Data Collection - Individual Records Author: Edmund West, comp. Publication: Online publication - Provo, UT, USA: Ancestry.com Operations Inc, 2000.
- Title: Virginia Land, Marriage, and Probate Records, 1639-1850 Author: Ancestry.com Publication: Online publication - Provo, UT, USA: The Generations Network, Inc., 2004.Original data - Chalkley, Lyman. Chronicles of the Scotch-Irish Settlement in Virginia, 1745-1800. Extracted from the Original Court Records of Augusta County. Note: Ancestry.com, Virginia Land, Marriage, and Probate Records, 1639-1850
- BIRTH-DEATH: "The Braswell Family" by I.B. Kiker and W. W. Braswell; page 1.1 to 1.11; chapter 1
- DEATH-SPOUSE-CHILDREN: "The Bracewell or BRASWELL Family" compiled by Hugh Buckner Johnston, published 1963, FHLC microfilm
- BIRTH-SPOUSE-MARRIAGE-CHILDREN: "Following the Braswells West" by Dr. Roy Bennett Braswell; on-line version by Joyce Ann Braswell, published Oct 1990
- BIRTH-DEATH-SPOUSE-PARENTAGE-SIBLINGS-CHILDREN: web site www.sallysfamilyplace .com
Searching for someone else?
- Sarah Sampson
- Sarah (Barlow) Sampson
- Sarah Sampson
- Sarah Emma (Peary) Sampson
- Sarah (Sampson) King
- Sarah (Sampson) Wetherell
- Sarah (Upton) Sampson
- Sarah Sampson
- Sarah (MacFarland) Sampson
- Susanah (Burgess) Bracewell
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
No known carriers of Sarah's mitochondrial DNA have taken an mtDNA test.
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? Login to add it.
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: Bob Carson, K Clark, Theresa Reynolds, and Chris Harter. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for questions directed to the wider genealogy community.)
On December 24, 2014 at 05:32GMT Andrea Powell wrote: