His father was killed during the Civil War and his mother went on to marry twice after that.
His mother's third husband was George Hamilton. The blended family remained on the Hamilton homestead in Ohio County after the marriage. Isaac later married his step-sister, Mary J. Hamilton and the couple along with Rebecca stayed on the homestead.
He passed away in 1913.
Do you have information about Sapp? Please contribute to his biography. Everything on WikiTree is a collaborative work-in-progress.
1870 - United States Federal Census - This census shows Rebecca, 43, as the head of household in Bartlett, Ohio County, Kentucky, and she apparently has reverted to using Sapp as her surname. Living with her are Henry, 21; William, 18; Isaac, 16; Elizabeth, 12; and George W., 3.
March 11, 1871 - Guardian Bond - Ohio County, Kentucky. A guardian bond was issued to Abraham Lake, for Isaac Sapp, with Elisha H. Brton and George M. Hamilton as sureties. March 11, 1871.
November 11, 1878 - Marriage - Married to Mary J. Hamilton in Ohio County, Kentucky.
1880 - United States Federal Census - In the 1980 census, Rebecca Hamilton, 51, is listed as the head of household in Bartlett, Ohio County, Kentucky. Living with her is her son, Isaac Sapp, 25, and his wife (and Rebecca's step-daughter, Mary Jane, 23, and their daughter, Malinda A. Sapp, 8 months. Also in the household is Rebecca's son by her second husband, Geo. W. Rhoades, 13. Both Isaac and George are listed as farm hands.
- ↑ 1870 U.S. census, Ohio, Kentucky, population schedule, Bartlett, p. 21, dwelling 150, family 150, Rebecca Sapp; digital images, Ancestry.com (http://www.ancestry.com); citing National Archives and Records Administration microfilm M593, roll 492.
- ↑ Michael L. Cook C.G. and Bettie A. Cummings Cook C.G., editors, Ohio County Kentucky Records, Volume 2, Vol. 17 of Kentucky Records Series (Evansville, IN: Cook Publications, 1986), 50.
- ↑ FamilySearch, "Kentucky, Marriages, 1785-1979," database, FamilySearch (http://www.familysearch.org), Isaac Sapp and Mary J. Hamilton, 11 Nov 1878; FHL microfilm 494960.
- ↑ 1880 U.S. census, Ohio, Kentucky, population schedule, Bartlett, enumeration district (ED) 189, p. 683 stamped, dwelling 171, family 171, Rebecca Hamilton; digital images, Ancestry.com (http://www.ancestry.com); citing National Archives and Records Administration microfilm T9, roll 436.
Thanks to Jackie King for starting this profile.
Click the Changes tab for the details of contributions by Jackie and others.
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).DNA
No known carriers of Isaac's Y-chromosome or his mother's mitochondrial DNA have taken yDNA or mtDNA tests and no close relatives have taken a 23andMe, AncestryDNA, or Family Tree DNA "Family Finder" test.
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? Login to add it.
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to the Profile Manager. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for questions directed to the wider genealogy community.)
There are no public comments yet.