- George Scott's Profile
- Family Tree & Genealogy Tools
Parentage unknown. Father is possibly a vague George Scott I. No known link to Scot's Hall. Varnell-40 12:13, 15 July 2015 (EDT)
- MERGE & EDITING NOTICE: George Scott (b abt 1495; d btw Oct 1547-Feb 1548), ancestor of Thomas Scott of Ipswich and his sister Ursula Scott who married Richard Kimball, is the furthest-back confirmed ancestor, according to John B. Threlfall's 1990 work in which he disproves 1896 claims by Harold Bowen that George was descended of the renowned Scott family of Braebourne and Scotshall, Kent.
Threlfall identifies a wife Margaret (______) for George Scott.
Until further confirmation of George's own ancestry can be found, he's being detached from all older Scotts, as well as from wife Maude Pigot. There is no evidence that he was the son of William Scott of Scotts Hall, Brabourne, Kent.
George was born about 1495 in Bradfield, Suffolk England. He and Margaret had six children including Edmund, the second child.
He was buried 30 Aug 1562 in Bradfield, Suffolk England.
- Date: 30 Aug 1562
- Place: , Bradfield, Suffolk, England
- Bradfield St. George P.R.
- 2. Bradfield St. Clare P.R.
- Bobbie Hall for creating WikiTree profile Scott-7461 through the import of WIKITREE2.GED on Jun 25, 2013.
- Johanna Amnelin. See the Changes page for the details of edits by Johanna and others.
- WikiTree profile Scott-2552 created through the import of Terrass Family Tree.ged on Jul 7, 2011 by Richard Terrass. See the Changes page for the details of edits by Richard and others.
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
- How confirm parents of George Scott? Mar 2, 2013.
It may be possible to confirm family relationships with George by comparing test results with other carriers of his Y-chromosome or his mother's mitochondrial DNA. Y-chromosome DNA test-takers in his direct paternal line on WikiTree:
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Family Tree DNA.
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: Katherine Patterson and Linda Plummer. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for questions directed to the wider genealogy community.)
There are no public comments yet.
George is 17 degrees from Kevin Bacon, 21 degrees from AJ Jacobs, 47 degrees from Lisa Kudrow, 22 degrees from Kurt Vonnegut and 21 degrees from Queen Elizabeth II of the Commonwealth Realms on our single family tree. Login to find your connection.