- Randy Seaver's Profile
- Family Tree & Genealogy Tools
I am a native San Diegan, a graduate of San Diego High School (1961), of San Diego State University (1966, Bachelor of Science Aeronautical Engineering), and a retired aerospace engineer (Rohr Industries 967-1997, Goodrich 1997-2002).
My wife (Angel Linda) and I have two lovely daughters, and four darling grandchildren. We love to visit them and have them visit us. Angel Linda and I love to travel to visit friends and relatives, to sightsee, to cruise or to do genealogy. Our travels have taken us all over the USA, to England and Scandinavia.
I started pursuing genealogy research in 1988 because I wanted a new avocation, and it quickly turned into an addiction. I started a yearly family newsletter which is now 16 pages sent each Christmas to the extended family (children, siblings, cousins, whether they want it or not!). By 1992 I was active on the Prodigy message boards, and have been online ever since.
I started using Family Tree Maker genealogy software in 1995, and now use RootsMagic 4, Legacy Family Tree 7 and Family Tree Maker 2011. My research into my own ancestors, mty wife's ancestors, my cousins ancestors, the Seaver surname, and several other surnames, have resulted in a database of about 40,000 persons.
I write quite a bit now.
- The Genea-Musings blog () features personal research, software and website reviews, and genealogy news and opinion.
- The Geneaholic blog () is a daily genealogy journal.
- The South San Diego County Graveyard Rabbit blog () is about San diego area cemeteries
- The Chula Vista Genealogy Cafe blog () is the blog of the Chula Vista Genealogical Society.
- The "Genealogy 2.0" column in the Federation of Genealogical Socieites (FGS) FORUM magazine ([www.fgs.org]).
I also speak regularly on genealogical topics to Southern California area genealogical societies, and teach the 4-session "Beginning Computer Genealogy" course (8 hours) at the San diego OASIS adult education center.
My genealogical society memberships include:
- National Genealogical Society ([www.ngsgenealogy.org])
- New England Historic Genealogical Society (NEHGS) ()
- San Diego Genealogicalk Society (SDGS) ()
- Computer Genealogy society of San Diego (CGSSD) ()
- Chula Vista Genealogical Society (CVGS) ()
In my spare time, I like to read historical novels and mysteries, and to watch the San Diego Padres baseball team, the San Diego Chargers NFL team, and the San diego State Aztecs teams on television. We have a 20-game season ticket package to the Padres.
Contact me via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Randy's formal name
- e-mail address
- exact birthdate
- birth location
- images (1)
- private siblings' names
Randy is a Wiki Genealogist following these tags:
Randy Seaver's DNA has been tested for genealogical purposes. It may be possible to confirm family relationships by comparing test results with Randy or other carriers of his ancestors' Y-chromosome or mitochondrial DNA. Y-chromosome DNA test-takers in his direct paternal line on WikiTree:
- Randy Seaver: Y-Chromosome Test 20 markers, haplogroup R1b1b2a1a, Ysearch D5XXM
- Randy Seaver: Family Tree DNA mtDNA Test HVR1 and HVR2, haplogroup K1b2b, Mitosearch T8QAX, FTDNA kit #217932
- Randy Seaver: 23andMe, GEDMatch M110041 + AncestryDNA, Ancestry member randyseavercv + Family Tree DNA Family Finder, FTDNA kit #217932
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Family Tree DNA.
- Login to request to the join the Trusted List so that you can edit.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to Randy. (Best for comments to Randy that need to be private.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages to or about Randy that can be public. Limit 20 per day.)
On July 10, 2016 at 23:23GMT Lori Cook wrote:
We have a lot of common family-- Randy and Lori are 6th cousins once removed.
On June 7, 2016 at 02:35GMT Walter Howe wrote:
On May 22, 2016 at 17:28GMT Ben Cable wrote:
On May 6, 2016 at 16:30GMT Randy Seaver wrote:
On May 6, 2016 at 08:14GMT Darlene Bissonnette wrote:
On March 2, 2016 at 00:40GMT Lori Cook wrote:
On December 9, 2015 at 06:32GMT Tom Truitt wrote:
On May 27, 2015 at 15:33GMT J. Salsbery wrote:
We are 9th cousins thru Jacob Mott, but I suspect we are cousins many times over, we share so many surnames!
On May 20, 2015 at 05:38GMT Kent Miller wrote:
On April 8, 2015 at 20:30GMT Elizabeth O'Neal wrote: