This page has been accessed 2,158 times.
I am a native San Diegan, a graduate of San Diego High School (1961), of San Diego State University (1966, Bachelor of Science Aeronautical Engineering), and a retired aerospace engineer (Rohr Industries 967-1997, Goodrich 1997-2002).
My wife (Angel Linda) and I have two lovely daughters, and four darling grandchildren. We love to visit them and have them visit us. Angel Linda and I love to travel to visit friends and relatives, to sightsee, to cruise or to do genealogy. Our travels have taken us all over the USA, to England and Scandinavia.
I started pursuing genealogy research in 1988 because I wanted a new avocation, and it quickly turned into an addiction. I started a yearly family newsletter which is now 16 pages sent each Christmas to the extended family (children, siblings, cousins, whether they want it or not!). By 1992 I was active on the Prodigy message boards, and have been online ever since.
I started using Family Tree Maker genealogy software in 1995, and now use RootsMagic 4, Legacy Family Tree 7 and Family Tree Maker 2011. My research into my own ancestors, mty wife's ancestors, my cousins ancestors, the Seaver surname, and several other surnames, have resulted in a database of about 40,000 persons.
I write quite a bit now.
- The Genea-Musings blog () features personal research, software and website reviews, and genealogy news and opinion.
- The Geneaholic blog () is a daily genealogy journal.
- The South San Diego County Graveyard Rabbit blog () is about San diego area cemeteries
- The Chula Vista Genealogy Cafe blog () is the blog of the Chula Vista Genealogical Society.
- The "Genealogy 2.0" column in the Federation of Genealogical Socieites (FGS) FORUM magazine ([www.fgs.org]).
I also speak regularly on genealogical topics to Southern California area genealogical societies, and teach the 4-session "Beginning Computer Genealogy" course (8 hours) at the San diego OASIS adult education center.
My genealogical society memberships include:
- National Genealogical Society ([www.ngsgenealogy.org])
- New England Historic Genealogical Society (NEHGS) ()
- San Diego Genealogicalk Society (SDGS) ()
- Computer Genealogy society of San Diego (CGSSD) ()
- Chula Vista Genealogical Society (CVGS) ()
In my spare time, I like to read historical novels and mysteries, and to watch the San Diego Padres baseball team, the San Diego Chargers NFL team, and the San diego State Aztecs teams on television. We have a 20-game season ticket package to the Padres.
Contact me via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Only the Trusted List can access the following:
- Randy's formal name
- e-mail address
- exact birthdate
- birth location
- images (1)
- siblings' names
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Register as a guest to have every name searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
For public comments, here are the options:
- Public Bulletin Board: You need to be a community member and logged-in to post bulletin board comments. (Best for comments to or about Randy that can be public. Limit of 10 per day.)
- Private Message: You can also send a private message to Randy. (Best for comments to Randy that need to be private.)
Public Bulletin Board
On March 17, 2014
On February 17, 2014
On November 2, 2010