- Profile (public view)
- Family Tree
- Profile (private view)
I am a native San Diegan, a graduate of San Diego High School (1961), of San Diego State University (1966, Bachelor of Science Aeronautical Engineering), and a retired aerospace engineer (Rohr Industries 967-1997, Goodrich 1997-2002).
My wife (Angel Linda) and I have two lovely daughters, and four darling grandchildren. We love to visit them and have them visit us. Angel Linda and I love to travel to visit friends and relatives, to sightsee, to cruise or to do genealogy. Our travels have taken us all over the USA, to England and Scandinavia.
I started pursuing genealogy research in 1988 because I wanted a new avocation, and it quickly turned into an addiction. I started a yearly family newsletter which is now 16 pages sent each Christmas to the extended family (children, siblings, cousins, whether they want it or not!). By 1992 I was active on the Prodigy message boards, and have been online ever since.
I started using Family Tree Maker genealogy software in 1995, and now use RootsMagic 4, Legacy Family Tree 7 and Family Tree Maker 2011. My research into my own ancestors, mty wife's ancestors, my cousins ancestors, the Seaver surname, and several other surnames, have resulted in a database of about 40,000 persons.
I write quite a bit now.
- The Genea-Musings blog () features personal research, software and website reviews, and genealogy news and opinion.
- The Geneaholic blog () is a daily genealogy journal.
- The South San Diego County Graveyard Rabbit blog () is about San diego area cemeteries
- The Chula Vista Genealogy Cafe blog () is the blog of the Chula Vista Genealogical Society.
- The "Genealogy 2.0" column in the Federation of Genealogical Socieites (FGS) FORUM magazine ([www.fgs.org]).
I also speak regularly on genealogical topics to Southern California area genealogical societies, and teach the 4-session "Beginning Computer Genealogy" course (8 hours) at the San diego OASIS adult education center.
My genealogical society memberships include:
- National Genealogical Society ([www.ngsgenealogy.org])
- New England Historic Genealogical Society (NEHGS) ()
- San Diego Genealogicalk Society (SDGS) ()
- Computer Genealogy society of San Diego (CGSSD) ()
- Chula Vista Genealogical Society (CVGS) ()
In my spare time, I like to read historical novels and mysteries, and to watch the San Diego Padres baseball team, the San Diego Chargers NFL team, and the San diego State Aztecs teams on television. We have a 20-game season ticket package to the Padres.Contact me via email at email@example.com
Only the Trusted List can access the following:
- Randy's formal name
- e-mail address
- exact birthdate
- birth location
- images (1)
- siblings' names
Do you have a GEDCOM? Register as a guest to have every name searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
Randy Seaver's DNA has been tested for genealogical purposes. It may be possible to confirm family relationships by comparing test results with Randy or other carriers of his ancestors' Y-chromosome or mitochondrial DNA. Y-chromosome DNA test-takers in his direct paternal line on WikiTree: Mitochondrial DNA test-takers in the direct maternal line:
- Randy Seaver - Family Tree DNA mtDNA HVR1 and HVR2
Family Tree DNA kit 217932
- Login to request to the join the Trusted List so that you can edit.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to Randy. (Best for comments to Randy that need to be private.)
- Public Comments: Login to post comments. (Best for messages to or about Randy that can be public. Limit 10 per day.)
On June 21, 2014 Bob Scrivens wrote:
Just out of curiousity, how did you find out about Portsmouth?
On April 29, 2014 William Fox wrote:
On March 17, 2014 Kimalee Dille wrote:
I was just trying to find information on a 9th generation grandmother who is a Wade and saw your Samuel Wade, born 31 Dec. 1683, died - 9 Dec. 1738 his wife was Lydia Newhall. I was wondering if you need his parents still? I have a copy of their family group sheet, with Samuel as their 6th child. His father is Major Nathaniel Wade born - 1647, died - 28 Nov. 1707. His mother was Mercy Bradstreet born - 1647 died - 5 Oct. 1714 in Medford, Middx, Mass. She was the daughter of Govenor Simon Bradstreet and Anne Dudley. Anne was the daughter of Govenor Thomas Dudley who helped establish Harvard college. So Samuel has quite the lineage. Anyway, I don't really know how to work this site and I didn't know how to make an edit. I hope that you find this info useful! Best wishes, Kimalee
On February 17, 2014 Regina Shamblin wrote:
On November 2, 2010 Chris Whitten wrote:
Welcome to WikiTree!
If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask. You can browse our Help pages, or post questions, comments, or suggestions on the WikiTree Facebook page or on Twitter (WikiTreeOnline). If you want to keep it private, e-mail me at chris at wikitree.com.
Chris Whitten, Webmaster