- Randy Seaver's Profile
- Family Tree & Genealogy Tools
I am a native San Diegan, a graduate of San Diego High School (1961), of San Diego State University (1966, Bachelor of Science Aeronautical Engineering), and a retired aerospace engineer (Rohr Industries 967-1997, Goodrich 1997-2002).
My wife (Angel Linda) and I have two lovely daughters, and four darling grandchildren. We love to visit them and have them visit us. Angel Linda and I love to travel to visit friends and relatives, to sightsee, to cruise or to do genealogy. Our travels have taken us all over the USA, to England and Scandinavia.
I started pursuing genealogy research in 1988 because I wanted a new avocation, and it quickly turned into an addiction. I started a yearly family newsletter which is now 16 pages sent each Christmas to the extended family (children, siblings, cousins, whether they want it or not!). By 1992 I was active on the Prodigy message boards, and have been online ever since.
I started using Family Tree Maker genealogy software in 1995, and now use RootsMagic 4, Legacy Family Tree 7 and Family Tree Maker 2011. My research into my own ancestors, mty wife's ancestors, my cousins ancestors, the Seaver surname, and several other surnames, have resulted in a database of about 40,000 persons.
I write quite a bit now.
- The Genea-Musings blog () features personal research, software and website reviews, and genealogy news and opinion.
- The Geneaholic blog () is a daily genealogy journal.
- The South San Diego County Graveyard Rabbit blog () is about San diego area cemeteries
- The Chula Vista Genealogy Cafe blog () is the blog of the Chula Vista Genealogical Society.
- The "Genealogy 2.0" column in the Federation of Genealogical Socieites (FGS) FORUM magazine ([www.fgs.org]).
I also speak regularly on genealogical topics to Southern California area genealogical societies, and teach the 4-session "Beginning Computer Genealogy" course (8 hours) at the San diego OASIS adult education center.
My genealogical society memberships include:
- National Genealogical Society ([www.ngsgenealogy.org])
- New England Historic Genealogical Society (NEHGS) ()
- San Diego Genealogicalk Society (SDGS) ()
- Computer Genealogy society of San Diego (CGSSD) ()
- Chula Vista Genealogical Society (CVGS) ()
In my spare time, I like to read historical novels and mysteries, and to watch the San Diego Padres baseball team, the San Diego Chargers NFL team, and the San diego State Aztecs teams on television. We have a 20-game season ticket package to the Padres.Contact me via email at email@example.com
- Randy's formal name
- e-mail address
- exact birthdate
- birth location
- images (1)
- private siblings' names
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
Randy Seaver's DNA has been tested for genealogical purposes. It may be possible to confirm family relationships by comparing test results with Randy or other carriers of his ancestors' Y-chromosome or mitochondrial DNA. Y-chromosome DNA test-takers in his direct paternal line on WikiTree:
- Randy Seaver - Family Tree DNA mtDNA HVR1 and HVR2
Family Tree DNA kit 217932
- Randy Seaver - 23andMe
GEDMatch ID M110041
- Randy Seaver - AncestryDNA
Ancestry.com member randyseavercv
- Randy Seaver - Family Tree DNA Family Finder
Family Tree DNA kit 217932
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? Login to add it.
- Login to request to the join the Trusted List so that you can edit.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to Randy. (Best for comments to Randy that need to be private.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages to or about Randy that can be public. Limit 20 per day.)
On February 22, 2015 at 22:02GMT Carleen Davis wrote:
On November 25, 2014 at 21:32GMT David Wilson wrote:
I wonder how Staff and Leaders will handle all of the previous "Profile of the Week" winners?
On November 23, 2014 at 01:47GMT Vic Watt wrote:
On October 14, 2014 at 03:44GMT Carole Partridge wrote:
Maybe we'll get some official answers.
On October 9, 2014 at 06:43GMT Rosalind Alley wrote:
On August 4, 2014 at 10:48GMT Jennifer Wilson-Pines wrote:
On June 21, 2014 at 13:24GMT Bob Scrivens wrote:
Just out of curiousity, how did you find out about Portsmouth?
On April 29, 2014 at 15:50GMT William Fox wrote:
On March 17, 2014 at 23:33GMT Kimalee Dille wrote:
I was just trying to find information on a 9th generation grandmother who is a Wade and saw your Samuel Wade, born 31 Dec. 1683, died - 9 Dec. 1738 his wife was Lydia Newhall. I was wondering if you need his parents still? I have a copy of their family group sheet, with Samuel as their 6th child. His father is Major Nathaniel Wade born - 1647, died - 28 Nov. 1707. His mother was Mercy Bradstreet born - 1647 died - 5 Oct. 1714 in Medford, Middx, Mass. She was the daughter of Govenor Simon Bradstreet and Anne Dudley. Anne was the daughter of Govenor Thomas Dudley who helped establish Harvard college. So Samuel has quite the lineage. Anyway, I don't really know how to work this site and I didn't know how to make an edit. I hope that you find this info useful! Best wishes, Kimalee
On February 17, 2014 at 21:49GMT Regina Shamblin wrote: