- Sophia (Seton) Lindsay's Profile
- Family Tree & Genealogy Tools
She married Sir David Lindsay, 1st Lord Lindsay of Balcarres, son of John Lindsay of Balcarres, Lord Menmuir and Marion Guthrie, on 16 February 1611/12 at Dunfermline, Fife, Scotland.
From 16 February 1611/12, her married name became Lindsay.
Child of Lady Sophia Seton and Sir David Lindsay, 1st Lord Lindsay of Balcarres
- Alexander Lindsay, 1st Earl of Balcarres+ b. 6 Jul 1618, d. 30 Aug 1659
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 G.E. Cokayne; with Vicary Gibbs, H.A. Doubleday, Geoffrey H. White, Duncan Warrand and Lord Howard de Walden, editors, The Complete Peerage of England, Scotland, Ireland, Great Britain and the United Kingdom, Extant, Extinct or Dormant, new ed., 13 volumes in 14 (1910-1959; reprint in 6 volumes, Gloucester, U.K.: Alan Sutton Publishing, 2000), volume I, page 376.
- ↑ Entered by Charles Walter, Apr 19, 2013
Thanks to Charles Walter for starting this profile. Click the Changes tab for the details of contributions by Charles and others.
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).DNA
No known carriers of Sophia's mitochondrial DNA have taken an mtDNA test.
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? Login to add it.
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to the Profile Manager. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for questions directed to the wider genealogy community.)
On September 28, 2013 at 16:25GMT Rhian Geleick wrote:
On September 27, 2013 at 14:21GMT Sonja Ratliff wrote:
Sophia was the daugher of Alexander Seton and Lillias Drummond. She died March 1640.