- Abraham Shipman's Profile
- Family Tree & Genealogy Tools
This person was created through the import of Shortened files.ged on 30 December 2010. The following data was included in the gedcom. You may wish to edit it for readability.
- Note: @N10222@
- @N10222@ NOTE
- Ancestor of Temperance Shipman (Frances Brooks). See Natalie R Fernald, The Genealogical Exchange, Vol. 1-7, page 78. GoogleBooks.
- The Vital Records of Saybrook, Connecticut write that "Abraham Shipman the first above written Departed this Life Aprill 26th 1750."
- User ID: 81BF4F4A05F34EDB820605BC796416265C27
- Data Changed:
- Date: 23 APR 2010
Prior to import, this record was last changed 23 APR 2010.
- Husband: Abraham Shipman
- Wife: Ruth Butler
- Date: 9 MAY 1722
- Place: Saybrook, Middlesex Co CT
- Source: #S827
- User ID: 6CB904A18B7F431E8641B4871FBC2768A1D9
- Child: Abraham Shipman
- Child: Martha Shipman
- Child: Michael Shipman
- Child: Jonathan Shipman
- Child: Mary Shipman
- Child: Temperance Shipman
- Child: John Shipman
- Child: Edmund Shipman
- Child: Ruth Shipman
- Source S827
- Text: Vital Records of Saybrook 1647-1834 (Online Database: NewEnglandAncestors.org, New England Historic Genealogical Society, 2008), (Originally published as: Vital Records of Saybrook 1647-1834. Hartford, The Connecticut Historical Society and the Connecticut Society of the Order of the Founders and Patriots of America, 1952.) p 58: 9 May 1722, marriage of Abraham Shipman and Ruth Butler. Their son Abraham was born 6 Oct 1723. Abraham Sr died 26 Apr 1750.
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
It may be possible to confirm family relationships with Abraham by comparing test results with other carriers of his Y-chromosome or his mother's mitochondrial DNA. However, there are no known yDNA or mtDNA test-takers in his direct paternal or maternal line. It is likely that these autosomal DNA test-takers will share significant DNA with Abraham:
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? Login to add it.
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to the Profile Manager. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for questions directed to the wider genealogy community.)
There are no public comments yet.