- Hiram Shriver's Profile
- Family Tree & Genealogy Tools
Hiram was married twice. The first marriage was to Martha Watkins on 22 March 1858 in Cedar County, Iowa.
He was married second to Elizabeth Eden on October 5, 1873, in Cedar County, Iowa.
He passed away in 1893 and is buried in the Massillon Cemetery in Cedar County, Iowa. A memorial page has been established on Find A Grave.
No more info is currently available for Hiram Shriver. Can you add to his biography?
1830 - United States Federal Census - Ancestry has this family misindexed under Bloom Twp. but the image clearly shows Center Twp., Morgan Co., Ohio. In the 1830 census John Shriver is shown with a family of five people: 1 white male uder five (Hiram), 1 male 20 thru 29, (John Jasper), one female under five (Lucinda) , 1 female 5 thru 9 (Elizabeth) and one white female 20-29 (Lovica).
1850 - United States Federal Census - In 1850, the Shrivers were living in Springfield township, Cedar County, Iowa. The household consisted of John Shriver, 47, born about 1803 in Pennsylvania; Lovica Shriver, 46, born about 1804 in Ohio; Hiram Shriver, 20, born about 1830 in Ohio; Mary Shriver, 16, born about 1834 in Ohio; John Shriver, 14, born about 1836 in Ohio and Jacob Shriver, 10, born about 1840 in Illinois.
March 22, 1858 - Marriage - Married to Martha Watkins in Cedar County, Iowa.
October 5, 1873 - Marriage - Married to Elizabeth Eden in Cedar County, Iowa.
September 22, 1893 - Death
- ↑ FamilySearch, "Iowa, Marriages, 1809-1992," database, FamilySearch, FamilySearch (http://www.familysearch.org), Shriver - Watkins 1858 marriage; FHL film #0986805; index based upon data collected by the Genealogical Society of Utah, Salt Lake City.
- ↑ FamilySearch, "Iowa, Marriages, 1809-1992," database, FamilySearch, FamilySearch (http://www.familysearch.org), Shriver - Eden marriage to 1873, FHL Film # 0986805; Index based upon data collected by the Genealogical Society of Utah, Salt Lake City.
- ↑ 1830 U.S. census, Morgan, Ohio, Center Twp., p. 104 written, line 11, John Shriver; digital images, Ancestry.com (http://www.ancestry.com); citing National Archives and Records Administration microfilm M19, roll 137.
- ↑ Ancestry.com, 1850 United States Federal Census (jpeg image, (Online: The Generations Network, Inc., 2007), subscription database, [Digital scan of original records in the National Archives, Washington, DC], <http://www.ancestry.com/>), Year: 1850; Census Place: Springfield, Cedar, Iowa; Roll: M432_182; Page: 127A; Image: 248.
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
No known carriers of Hiram's Y-chromosome or his mother's mitochondrial DNA have taken yDNA or mtDNA tests and no close relatives have taken a 23andMe, AncestryDNA, or Family Tree DNA "Family Finder" test.
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Family Tree DNA.
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to the Profile Manager. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for questions directed to the wider genealogy community.)
There are no public comments yet.