- Seán (Sloane) Sloane Johnson's Profile
- Family Tree & Genealogy Tools
|Search user languages|
Sean Sloane ...
I was born and grew up in an inland suburb (read boring) of San Diego, California; it is called La Mesa and the neighbouring area is El Cajon ;). I taught myself to play the piano and read music at a young age. I played piano almost every day until I left my mother's house, I also sang; and for a while played violin. I left La Mesa with the very first opportunity that presented itself and moved to Los Angeles; ca. 1985 which was high time for goth clubs, which I enjoyed thoroughly. I then moved to San Francisco; two weeks before the big quake of 1989. Luckily, I was staying with friends on high ground. Whilst there, I learnt massage (shiatsu and swedish). It was whilst studying shiatsu that I realised I had a natural feeling for yin/yang and the five elements. I wanted to study traditional Chinese medicine, so set out to learn Mandarin with traditional characters. This pursuit took me to Santa Cruz, California; Eugene, Oregon; and London (SOAS). I wasn't rich enough to carry on my studies in London so had to drop the course. I also realised that to study TCM, one really needed to go to either Vietnam or Korea as the Cultural Revolution purged anyone out of China who had these skills. Also, to become certified in the USA (or at least in California) one had to convert all these concepts into science (which has nothing to do with TCM). So, I gave it up and fell back on my computer knowledge which also came naturally. I ended up being an IT Manager in advertising agencies; specialised in print workflow. I am now retired due to health issues which is why I have so much time for genealogy, which I am passionate about. I currently reside in Eutin, Ostholstein, Schleswig-Holstein, Germany.
Y DNA Haplogroup tree: R1b-L21>DF13>DF21>FGC3213>S3058>S424>S190>S425
YDNA Haplogroup R1b-S425 (chromo2 results 17 Jan 2014, britainsdna.com & DF21 Panel results 15 Dec 2014, yseq.net) S425 ChrY 18712022 18712022 G+ "Your YDNA marker is that of THE MAEATAE. Pronounced My-Ate-Aye, they were one of the earliest known kindreds in Scotland's history, noted by the Romans as very warlike, and in 208AD, they and their Caledonian allies prompted the largest invasion of Scotland ever undertaken."
mtDNA Haplogroup T, subtype T2b11 (chromo2 results 17 Jan 2014, britainsdna.com)
FamilyTreeDNA Kit No. 270674 Y-DNA 37 (results 26 Feb 2013) & 111 (results 18 Oct 2013).
GEDmatch profile is A365502, results of ancestry.com autosomal DNA test from Jun 2013. Phased with mother's autosomal results PA365502M1.
ySearch profile is 5MDNQ
Regarding Sloans from project manager of Little Scottish Cluster: "Sloan is perhaps the oldest (maybe second to Kilgore? hard to say) surname in the Little Scottish Cluster. The lineage is possibly over 600 years old."
Carrier of the red-head variant: Val92Met
- Name: Shawn M Sloane
- Event Type: Birth
- Event Date: 21 Sep 1964
- Event Place: San Diego, California, United States
- Gender: Male
- Mother's Name: Johnson
Citing this Record: "California, Birth Index, 1905-1995," index, FamilySearch (https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/VLRJ-45S : accessed 28 Jul 2014), Shawn M Sloane, 21 Sep 1964; citing San Diego, California, United States, Department of Health Services, Vital Statistics Department, Sacramento.
Divorce finalised in Madrid, Comunidad de Madrid, España.
Margaret Harris, firsthand knowledge. Click the Changes tab for the details of edits by Margaret and others.
- ↑ Entered by Margaret Harris, Jun 13, 2012
- Seán's formal name
- full middle name (M.)
- e-mail address
- exact birthdate
- birth location
- images (6)
- private siblings' names
- spouse's name and marriage information
Seán is a Wiki Genealogist following these tags:
- Damm from Zell am Harmersbach before 1864
- Damm changed to Daum in USA.
- what's happening here concerning DNA?
- Gustafsson/Gustafsdotter from Hidinge, Örebro, Sverige to South Dakota, USA
- Johnston from Sligo, Ireland to USA via England.
- Jonsson/Jonsdotter from Resele, Västernorrland, Sverige to Michigan, USA
- tyring to find the Ireland connection
- from Ankum, Königreich Hannover to Buffalo, Wisconsin, USA
- trying to find where in County Antrim my Sloans came from to Laurens County, South Carolina, USA
- Söderqvists from Resele, Sweden
Seán Sloane Johnson's DNA has been tested for genealogical purposes. It may be possible to confirm family relationships by comparing test results with Seán or other carriers of his ancestors' Y-chromosome or mitochondrial DNA. Y-chromosome DNA test-takers in his direct paternal line on WikiTree:
- Seán (Sloane) Sloane Johnson: Family Tree DNA Y-DNA Test 111 markers, haplogroup R-L21, Ysearch 5MDNQ, FTDNA kit #270674 + Y-Chromosome Test 15000 markers, haplogroup R1b-S425, Ysearch 5MDNQ
- Seán (Sloane) Sloane Johnson: Mitochondrial DNA Test Other, haplogroup T2b11
- Sharon (Dean) Agte : 23andMe
- Seán (Sloane) Sloane Johnson: AncestryDNA, GEDMatch A365502, Ancestry member urbanomad64
- Michele (Johnson) Ruocco : AncestryDNA, GEDMatch A834608, Ancestry member mruoccois
- Ruth (Book) Williams : AncestryDNA, Ancestry member mrsbills
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Family Tree DNA.
- Login to request to the join the Trusted List so that you can edit.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to Seán. (Best for comments to Seán that need to be private.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages to or about Seán that can be public. Limit 20 per day.)
On May 6, 2016 at 15:03GMT Lena Almqvist wrote:
Lena Almqvist (married Gillstedt)
On February 29, 2016 at 18:00GMT Barbara Roesch wrote:
On February 26, 2016 at 16:20GMT Magnus Sälgö wrote:
On February 26, 2016 at 15:45GMT Magnus Sälgö wrote:
I wohnte vor langer Zeit in Baden-Württemberg....
- Gute Wikitree Forschung
On February 26, 2016 at 15:23GMT Magnus Sälgö wrote:
I have updated
- but dont undertand what Holme (Y) is
- Magnus Sälgö
- Stockholm, Sweden
On January 26, 2016 at 06:46GMT Maryann Hurt wrote:
Thanks for your interest in using Wikitree's categories.
On November 2, 2015 at 14:51GMT Mags Gaulden wrote:
It's a possible DNA connection and I am trying to ferret it out. I'll let you know what I discover.
On June 13, 2015 at 17:35GMT Gaile Connolly wrote:
A new member has posted several questions in G2G in Spanish. After some time passed an no answers were posted, I tried my best to help him, but my Spanish isn't very good. I just referred him to you and two other people on the language volunteer list. If you want to take a look, one of the questions is Here.
On April 2, 2015 at 14:39GMT Guy Constantineau wrote:
I noticed your new Club 100 badge.
Keep up the nice work.
On March 11, 2015 at 01:50GMT Mags Gaulden wrote:
Please check out this G2G post