- The 1851 census - Walpole, Haldimand County, Canada West (Ontario), Canada
- 1851 Census - Walpole Twp, Haldimand County
- Charles Lewis, b: USA, 28 (1823) - line 38
- Clarissa Lewis, b: USA, 18 (1833) - line 39
- Leve Lewis, b:UC, 1 (1850) - line 40
- (page 69) shows Charles and Clarissa Lewis lived between the Barnes/Burrs families and the VanLoons a few properties away from her father, John Smith's property.
- 1861 Census - Walpole Twp, Haldimand County, single story frame house
- Charles Lewis - Farmer, b: USA, 38 (1823)
- Levi Lewis - Labourer, b: CW, 10 (1851)
- John Lewis - Labourer, b: CW, 4 (1857)
- Charles Lewis - Labourer, b: CW, 1 (1860)
- Clarissa Lewis - Labourer, b: CW, 27 (1834)
- Eliza Lewis - Labourer, b: CW, 8 (1853)
- Betsey Lewis - Labourer, b: CW, 6 (1855)
- Catharine Smith - b: USA, 65 (1796)
- Betsey Lewis - b: USA, 75 (1786) (died November 26, 1873)
- 1871 Census - Walpole Twp., Haldimand County, Division 4, Page 41 (Index only of head)
- Charles Lewis - 47 (1824) b. USA; o. Farmer; r. Methodist
- Clarissa Jane Lewis - 37 (1834) b. Ontario
- Levi Lewis - 20 (1851) b. Ontario; o. Farmer
- Eliza Lewis - 18 (1853) b. Ontario
- Elizabeth Lewis - 16 (1855) b. Ontario
- John Henry Lewis - 14 (1857) b. Ontario
- Charles Wesley Lewis - 11 (1860) b. Ontario
- Isaac Warren Lewis - 8 (1863) b. Ontario
- Catherine Lewis - 6 (1865) b. Ontario
- Abagail Lewis - 4 (1867) b. Ontario
- Editha May D Lewis - 1 (1870) b. Ontario
- Elizabeth Lewis - 85 (1786) b. Ontario
- 1881 Census - Charlottesville, Norfolk South, page 57, div. 2
- Note - States "moved from Walpole in March".
- Charles Lewis - Farmer, b: New York, 59 (1822)
- Clarissa Lewis - b: New York, 47 (1834)
- Luisa Lewis - b:NY, 25 (1856)
- Charles Lewis - 20 (1861)
- Isaac Lewis - 18 (1863)
- Catherine Lewis - 15 (1866)
- Abigel? Lewis - 13 (1868)
- Editha? Lewis - 10 (1871)
- 1891 Census - Charlottesville, 97 Norfolk South, (May 14, 1891) Pg 75
- Charles Lewis - Farmer, 67 (1824) b: USA
- Clarissa J. Lewis - 58 (1833) b: Ontario
- Editha M. Lewis - 21 (1870) b: Ontario
- 1911 Census - Windham, Norfolk, Ontario
- Isaac Lewis - 41 (Jan 1870) b. Ontario; o. Hotel keeper; r. Methodist
- Dorothy R Lewis - 48 (Jul 1872) b. Ontario
- Violet Lewis - 12 (Aug 1898) b. Ontario
- Clarisa J Lewis (mother) - 77 (Mar 1834) b. Ontario; widow
- Clarence Lewis - 21 (Jun 1889) b. Ontario; o. Store clerk
- A Charles Lewis owned land in Walpole Twp, Haldimand County in the late 1870's around the time his mother inlaw, Catharine Smith died in 1879. It's located where Concession Rd 16 meets hwy 20, just over 3 km west of Hagersville. The record for Charles Lewis records Hartford as the nearest post office.
- Death of Clarissa Jane Lewis
- Date: 18 Dec 1911
- Place: Charlotteville, Norfolk, Ontario
- Cause: Influenza lasting one month, Heart failure
- Age: 78 (1833)
- Birth date: March 11, 1834
- Marital Status: Widow
- Father: John Smith, b. USA
- Mother: Catharine Lawrence, b. USA
- Burial of Clarissa Jane Lewis
- Salem United Cemetery, Atherton, Charlotteville Township (Concession 11, Lot 11 (2462 Hwy 3))
- Norfolk County, Ontario
- Graeme MacKay, firsthand knowledge. Click the Changes tab for the details of edits by Graeme and others.
- ↑ "Canada Census, 1851," index, FamilySearch (https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/MWTQ-2NN : accessed 05 Sep 2012), Clarissa Lewis, Walpole, Haldimand County, Canada West (Ontario), Canada.
- ↑ "Ontario Census, 1861," index, FamilySearch (https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/MQQV-YPR : accessed 05 Sep 2012), Levi Lewis, Walpole, Haldimand, Ontario, Canada.
- ↑ 1871; Census Place: Walpole, Haldimand, Ontario; Roll: C-9917; Page: 41; Family No: 139.
- ↑ "Canada Census, 1881," index, FamilySearch (https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/MVFT-WDQ : accessed 06 Sep 2012), Charles Lewis in household of Charles Lewis, Charlottesville, Norfolk South, Ontario, Canada.
- ↑ 1891; Census Place: Charlotteville, Norfolk South, Ontario; Roll: T-6356; Family No: 400.
- ↑ http://automatedgenealogy.com/census11/View.jsp?id=31625&highlight=4&desc=1911+Census+of+Canada+page+containing+Clarisa+J+Lewis
- ↑ "Ontario Deaths,1869-1937 and Overseas Deaths, 1939-1947," index, FamilySearch (https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/JF3M-F4H : accessed 18 April 2012), Clarissa Jane Lewis (1911).
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Register as a guest to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
No known carriers of Clarissa's mitochondrial DNA have taken an mtDNA test and no close relatives have taken a 23andMe, AncestryDNA, or Family Tree DNA "Family Finder" test.
- Login to request to the join the Trusted List so that you can edit and add images.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: Graeme MacKay, Megan Raphael, Patricia McKee, and Jane Hughes. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post comments. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 10 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for questions directed to the wider genealogy community.)
There are no public comments yet.