- Jillaine Smith's Profile
- Family Tree & Genealogy Tools
I have a pretty full plate in my (non genealogy) business, therefore I don't expect to be very active. Thanks. Smith-32867 12:57, 20 October 2014 (EDT)
Jillaine was born at the tail end of the baby boom, youngest of four children of John & Miriam Smith. Raised in California, she moved to Washington DC in the mid 1990s to marry Philip David Bogdonoff.
Jillaine started researching her family in 1998. She also maintains a set of genie pages at RootsWeb.
Her research areas include:
- Colonial New England (Winthrop's fleet and later; not Mayflower); she published an article in the NEHGS Register about the two Richard Taylors of Yarmouth, MA.
- Southwest Germany (including the ability to decipher old German church records); in particular, she is documenting the town of Schwenningen (now part of current-day Schwenningen-Villingen), especially the 1847 town-subsidized emigration of the poor.
Wikitree Free Space Pages
- Jillaine's Dream Source Help Page - what I'd like to see replace the numerous different help pages concerning sources and citations.
- GEDCOM Conversion wishlist - an initial start at providing Chris with new alternatives to the existing GEDCOM upload conversion.
- Jillaine's self-guided tour to working with NNS profiles - don't quote me; this may be wrong.
- My to-do list
- Jillaine's Sources - sources I cite regularly.
- Soldiers in King Philip's War - probably a stupid idea, but an effort to convert what's in a public domain work to an index-- linked to pertinent wikitree profiles-- of those who fought in this 17th century colonial war with Native Americans in New England. Incomplete.
She also conducts research professionally, is a member of the Association of Professional Genealogists, New England Historic Genealogical Society, National Genealogy Society; and a graduate/survivor of Course 4 at IGHR.
- Birth: Birth certificate of Jillaine S. Smith, details withheld for privacy purposes
- Marriage: Marriage Certificate - Philip D. Bogdonoff III and Jillaine S. Smith, Ithaca, New York, June 1995. Details withheld for privacy purposes.
- Jillaine's formal name
- full middle name (S.)
- e-mail address
- exact birthdate
- birth location
- images (1)
- private siblings' names
- spouse's name and marriage information
Jillaine is a Wiki Genealogy Volunteer following these tags:
- Making sure I see important announcements from Chris and other staff
- Betz is the maiden name of my gr-gr-grandmother on my father's side. The emigrated from Feilbingert, Rheinpfalz in the 1840s to Buffalo, NY
- my particular area of interest is ridding wikitree of empty, disconnected profiles by either connecting them to the tree or merging them away.
- Gluntz (Glunz) is the maiden name of my emigrant ancestor who left Hausen ob Verena in Southern Germany in the 1860s
- Gluntz (Glunz) is the maiden name of my emigrant ancestor who left Hausen ob Verena in Southern Germany in the 1860s Settling in Buffalo, NY
- My husband is descended of a Huguenot. Their history is interesting. Escaping France and massacre for their religious beliefs.
- Jauch is the surname of my emigrating ancestor who left Schwenningen in southern Germany in the mid 1800s and settled in Buffalo NY. I also run a one-name study here on this surname and have much info about Jauchs throughout the country. Yauch is a variation.
- PGM is the Puritan Great Migration project which I founded. We seek to improve profiles of those people who emigrated to Nee England 1620-1640.
- PGM is the Puritan Great Migration project which I founded. We seek to improve profiles of those people who emigrated to New England 1620-1640.
- Because I care.
Jillaine Smith's DNA has been tested for genealogical purposes. It may be possible to confirm family relationships by comparing test results with Jillaine or other carriers of her ancestors' mitochondrial DNA. It is likely that these autosomal DNA test-takers will share DNA with Jillaine:
- Jillaine Smith: AncestryDNA, GEDMatch A702158, Ancestry member Jillaine_Smith
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Family Tree DNA.
- Display Bug - Smith Smith?! Jul 26, 2016.
- Links to profiles in personal profile messages Aug 9, 2013.
- Login to request to the join the Trusted List so that you can edit.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to Jillaine. (Best for comments to Jillaine that need to be private.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages to or about Jillaine that can be public. Limit 20 per day.)
On 17 Aug 2016 at 19:56 GMT Andrea (Ahonen) Rezabek wrote:
On 14 Aug 2016 at 01:39 GMT Amber Ruddick wrote:
On 1 Aug 2016 at 21:26 GMT Sharon (Troy) Centanne wrote:
On 26 Jul 2016 at 16:24 GMT Mags Gaulden wrote:
On 22 Jul 2016 at 14:17 GMT Eunice (Wilbur) Pender wrote:
On 21 Jul 2016 at 18:19 GMT Sarah Krans wrote:
On 20 Jul 2016 at 13:09 GMT Sheila Smail wrote:
On 17 Jul 2016 at 19:45 GMT Lori Randolph wrote:
On 16 Jul 2016 at 20:16 GMT Lori Randolph wrote:
On 10 Jul 2016 at 17:54 GMT Helen (Coleman) Ford wrote: