- Profile (public view)
- Family Tree
- Profile (private view)
Generally: As of January 2014, due to increased (paid) workload, I am in mostly responsive mode related to the Projects I'm involved with. I'll respond to requests, but am not currently proactively managing projects.
Here is my current Do List.
Jillaine was born at the tail end of the baby boom, youngest of four children of John & Miriam Smith. Raised in California, she moved to Washington DC in the mid 1990s to marry Philip David Bogdonoff. They live near Glen Echo Park with at least one cat.
She studied art, anthropology and communications at both University of California Santa Cruz and University of California San Diego (from which she graduated in the early 1980s). She also studied painting at the San Francisco School of Art, and more recently at Yellow Barn Studio, Glen Echo, MD. She also enjoys sewing, hand-work and crafts, and knitting and quilting.
The bulk of her career has focused on helping nonprofit organizations be more effective at pursuing their missions through communications, strategic planning and more recently, organizational learning. She was an early pioneer in online and then Internet communications, serving peace and social justice and environmental organizations.
Jillaine retained her maiden name, Smith, after marriage. (The only female among her siblings to do so.)
Jillaine started researching her family in 1998. She also maintains a set of genie pages at RootsWeb.
Her research areas include:
- Colonial New England (Winthrop's fleet and later; not Mayflower); she published an article in the NEHGS Register about the two Richard Taylors of Yarmouth, MA.
- Southwest Germany (including the ability to decipher old German church records); in particular, she is documenting the town of Schwenningen (now part of current-day Schwenningen-Villingen), especially the 1847 town-subsidized emigration of the poor.
She also conducts research professionally, is a member of the Association of Professional Genealogists, New England Historic Genealogical Society, National Genealogy Society; and a graduate/survivor of Course 4 at IGHR. She is currently in the midst of the NGS home study course, after which she intends to pursue certification through BCG.
Only the Trusted List can access the following:
- Jillaine's formal name
- full middle name
- e-mail address
- exact birthdate
- birth location
- images (1)
- siblings' names
- spouse's name
Do you have a GEDCOM? Register as a guest to have every name searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
- Links to profiles in personal profile messages Aug 9, 2013.
- Login to request to the join the Trusted List so that you can edit.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to Jillaine. (Best for comments to Jillaine that need to be private.)
- Public Comments: Login to post comments. (Best for messages to or about Jillaine that can be public. Limit 10 per day.)
On July 27, 2014 Steve Cole wrote:
On July 27, 2014 Mary Hammond wrote:
On July 24, 2014 Richard Draper wrote:
On July 24, 2014 Michelle McQueen wrote:
On July 9, 2014 Anne B wrote:
On July 7, 2014 Heather Husted wrote:
On July 6, 2014 Lindsay Coleman wrote:
"Jillaine is amazing in so many ways... I always see her around helping everyone and as I was going through hitting thank you on about a dozen awesome things she did... I had to award her a star! Thanks Jillaine!"
On June 7, 2014 GeneJ X wrote:
On June 3, 2014 Kay Carter wrote:
On May 26, 2014 Bill McDermott wrote:
Thank you for the comprehensive advice given on my question relating to the Lewis-9098 addition to my G-Grandfather. I have replied privately to the Profile manager with Citations and further questions.
I await her reply and will then get on with adding to my Lewis'.