Obadiah Smith was born about 1672 in Charles City, Henrico, Virginia.
He died in 1746 in Henrico Co, Virginia or 1753 in Prince Edward, Virginia.
- Husband: Obadiah Smith
- Wife: Mary Cocke
- Child: William Smith
- Child: John Smith
- Child: Obadiah Smith
- Child: Jacob Smith
- Child: Luke Smith
- Child: Elizabeth Smith
- Child: Anne Smith
- Date: ABT 1706
- Place: Henrico County, VA
- ↑ U.S. and International Marriage Records, 1560-1900 (Ancestry.com); better source sought
- ↑ U.S., Sons of the American Revolution Membership Applications, 1889-1970
- ↑ John W. Pritchett, Virginians, The Family History of John W. Pritche, (2001-2005), at www.virginians.com
Photographed Primary Sources
- The Virginia Magazine of History and Biography, Volume 5; Page 81
- Order of the Crown of Charlemagne
- Ancestral Family Topic #6888, "Lt. Col. Richard Cocke"
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Register as a guest to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
No known carriers of Obadiah's Y-chromosome or his mother's mitochondrial DNA have taken yDNA or mtDNA tests.
- Login to edit this profile and add images.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: Jillaine Smith, Ila East, Susan Shirey, Dave McIntosh, Joseph John, and Paula Marksman. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post comments. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 10 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for questions directed to the wider genealogy community.)
On February 23, 2014 Jillaine Smith wrote: