|Hyrum Smith has a connection to the LDS Church.|
|If you are interested in this profile,
please check out the LDS Project!
|Hyrum is Notable.|
Hyrum Smith was Ordained and Sustained a Prophet of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints in 1837.He was Ordained and Sustained as a Patriarch of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints in 1841. Shot in the face during the raid by mobbers on the Carthage Jail. He died,along with the Prophet Joseph Smith, Jr. Source includes, but is not limited to:Ancestral File and the IGI, International Genealogical Index,bothresource systems developed and solely owned by The Church of JesusChrist ofLatter Day SaintsFirst Patriarch of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day SaintsMartyred in the Carthage Jail with brother Joseph Smith, the first president/prophet of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.Sealed to Hyrum after his death was Catherine Phillips
Assistant President and Patriarch of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Killed in Carthage with Joseph Smith. Before they were killed Joseph ordained Hyrum to succeed as President and pleaded with him to flee to the Rocky Mountains away from the mobs. As the Carthage mob attacked the jail a bullet broke through the door hitting Hyrum in the face, while a second bullet hit him in the back from the window. He fell to the floor crying, "I am a dead man!" He bled to death in Joseph's arms, just moments before his own death.
Hyrum Smith was born February 9, 1800, in Tunbridge, Vermont. He married (1) Jerusha Barden on November 2, 1826, in Manchester Township, New York. They had six children. After Jerusha’s death, Hyrum married (2) Mary FIELDING on December 24, 1837, in Kirtland, Ohio. They had two children. Hyrum was martyred June 27, 1844, in Carthage, Illinois.
- LDS Baptism:
- Date: Jun 1829
- LDS Endowment:
- Date: 5 May 1842
- ↑ "Family of Joseph Smith Sr. and Lucy Mack Smith: The First Family of the Restoration" Ensign December 2005
- Find A Grave []
- Wikipedia Hyrum Smith []
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
It may be possible to confirm family relationships with Hyrum by comparing test results with other carriers of his Y-chromosome or his mother's mitochondrial DNA. However, there are no known yDNA or mtDNA test-takers in his direct paternal or maternal line. It is likely that these autosomal DNA test-takers will share DNA with Hyrum:
- Sylvia Sevey : AncestryDNA, Ancestry member sylviabee
- S Parker : AncestryDNA, Ancestry member SP
- Rachael (Verdugo) Franklin : AncestryDNA, Ancestry member RachelFranklin
- S Smith : AncestryDNA, Ancestry member SB
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Family Tree DNA.
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: LDS Project WikiTree and Carol Grover. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)
On October 2, 2013 at 18:40GMT Philip Smith wrote:
Hyrum is 16 degrees from Kevin Bacon, 39 degrees from Anne Frank, 15 degrees from AJ Jacobs, 22 degrees from Neil deGrasse Tyson and 20 degrees from Queen Elizabeth II of the Commonwealth Realms on our single family tree. Login to find your connection.