OriginWe do not have record of Deborah's birth. Birth date of c. 1640 is a guess, based on the birth date of her first child, 12 Oct 1657.
Deborah may have been born at Martha's Vinyard, Massachusetts, as her parents were described as "John and Deborah Smith of Martha's Vinyard" She was a daughter of John Smith and Deborah Parkhurst.
Children of Nathaniel and Deborah Smith:
- Deborah b 12 Oct 1657; mar Joseph Palmer
- Nathaniel b Dec 24, 1659; mar Elizabeth Foss
- Ruth b May 9, 1662; mar Dea James Blake, Jr.
- Esther b Dec 22, 1664; mar Dea Samuel Shaw
- Abigail Dec 28, 1667; mar Dea John Deaborn
- Jane b Jan 8, 1669; mar Benjamin Lamprey
- Stephen b July 31, 1672, d infant
- Benjamin b Sept 19, 1673; mar Susanna page
- Stephen b march 8, 1675; mar Mary Deaborn
Death and Legacy
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Quimby, Henry Cole, "Batchelder Family" New England Family History, Vol 3 Pages 421-24, New York: H. C. Quinby, 1910, Archive.org accessed December 3, 2014
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Dow, Joseph, editor, History of the Town of Hampton, New Hampshire, From its Settlement in 1638 to the Autumn of 1892 Volume: 2, (page 589-590) Salem, MA: L.E. Dow, 1893, Archive.org, accessed December 3, 2014
- ↑ Batchelder, Charles H. Batchelder and Carl W. Brage, Batchelder/Bachilder Genealogy Through Rev. Stephen Bachiler's son Stephen Bachilder: (A correction of the work on this family by Pierce), Carl W. Brage, ed., [manuscript] (1985), p. 6-8 (in particular part). This manuscript has been published as downloadable content (in five parts) to the [Lane Memorial (Hampton, New Hampshire) Library site, "Genealogy of the Batchelder Family of Hampton, New Hampshire."
- Charles H. Batchelder (1936) and Carl W. Brage (1985) Batchelder/Bachilder genealogy through Rev. Stephen Bachiler's son Stephen Bachilder : (A correction of the work on this family by Pierce), Carl W. Brage, ed., [manuscript] (1985), p. 6-8 (in particular part). This manuscript has been published as downloadable content (in five parts) to the Lane Memorial (Hampton, New Hampshire) Library site, see "Genealogy of the Batchelder Family of Hampton, New Hampshire."
Searching for someone else?
- Mary (Carter) Batchelder
- Deborah Batchelder
- Deborah (Batchelder) Fellows
- Deborah (Batchelder) Palmer
- Deborah (Turner) Smith
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).DNA
No known carriers of Deborah's mitochondrial DNA have taken an mtDNA test.
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? Login to add it.
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: Jillaine Smith, Buckley Howe, John Putnam, Theresa Welch, and Matthew Mahar. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for questions directed to the wider genealogy community.)
On September 1, 2014 at 20:17GMT GeneJ X wrote: