- Anne (Soblet) Chastain's Profile
- Family Tree & Genealogy Tools
Categories: Huguenot Migration.
|This person was a Huguenot Emigrant.|
|If you are interested in this profile,
please check out the Huguenot Migration Project!
Anne was born in 1675. Anne Soblet ... She passed away in 1723. 
The Soblet family fled France in 1686 because of Huguenot persecution. They first sought refuge in Protestant Germany, later in Holland, then England, before setting sail for America in 1700.
Anne arrived in Jameston, Virginia in October 1700 on the Peter and Anthony with her mother and two other siblings. Her father and two siblings had arrived earlier on July 12, 1700, on the first of four ships carrying Huguenot refugees, the Mary and Ann. 
Anne was the third wife of Dr. Pierre Chastain (who was also a Huguenot refugee, arriving with Anne's father in Virginia on the Mary and Ann).
- Date: October 27, 1675
- Location: Sedan, Champagne, France
- Husband: Pierre Chastain
- Wife: Ann Soblet
- Marriage: Date: WFT Est 1702-1757
- Child: Pierre Chastain
- Child: Rene Chastain
- Child: Judith Chastain
- Child: Mary Chastain
- Child: Susanna Chastain
- Child: Janne Chastain
- Child: Elizabeth Chastain
- Child: Marie-Mary Magdalene Chastain
- - Title: World Family Tree Vol. 2, Ed. 1 Author: Brøderbund Software, Inc. Publication: Release date: November 29, 1995 Note: ABBR World Family Tree Vol. 2, Ed. 1 CONT Customer pedigree. CONT CONT Source Media Type: Family Archive CD
- - U.S. and International Marriage Records, 1560-1900 [database on-line]. Provo, UT, USA: Ancestry.com Operations Inc, 2004.
- - Edmund West, comp. Family Data Collection - Provo, UT, USA: Ancestry.com Operations Inc, 2001.
- Births [database on-line].
- Deaths [database on-line].
- - Find A Grave; http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=46384965
- - Soblet Family History; http://soblet.com/history.htm
- - Pierre Chastain Family Association; http://www.pierrechastain.com/
- - Chastain Central; http://www.chastaincentral.com/
- WikiTree profile Soblet-8 created through the import of RamageRice102011.ged on Oct 12, 2011 by Molly Rice.
- WikiTree profile Soblet-11 created through the import of Call-Komar Family Tree.ged on Sep 6, 2012 by Todd Call.
- ↑ Entered by Glen Mctaggart, Mar 21, 2012
- ↑ Soblet Family History; http://soblet.com/history.htm
- ↑ http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=46384965
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
It may be possible to confirm family relationships with Anne by comparing test results with other carriers of her mitochondrial DNA. However, there are no known mtDNA test-takers in her direct maternal line. It is likely that these autosomal DNA test-takers will share significant DNA with Anne:
- Howard Cooper - 23andMe
- Jim Dukes - Family Tree DNA Family Finder
GEDMatch ID 2021875
Family Tree DNA kit 193243
- Dorothy (Grimmett) Clement - Family Tree DNA Family Finder
GEDMatch ID F362257
Family Tree DNA kit 362257
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Family Tree DNA.
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: Keith Baker, Todd Call, and Glen Mctaggart. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for questions directed to the wider genealogy community.)
There are no public comments yet.