- Henry Somerset's Profile
- Family Tree & Genealogy Tools
Categories: House of Beaufort.
Henry Somerset, 2nd Earl of Worcester (c.1496-26 Nov 1549) was the son of Charles Somerset, 1st Earl of Worcester and Elizabeth Herbert, Baroness Herbert. He m.(1) Margaret Courtenay, daughter of William Courtenay, 1st Earl of Devon and Catherine Plantagenet, c.15 June 1514, with a Papal dispensation (2) Elizabeth Browne, daughter of Sir Anthony Browne and Lady Lucy Neville, bf.1527.
He succeeded his mother as 4th Baron Herbert between 1507 and 21 March 1513. He succeeded his father as 2nd Earl of Worcester on 15 April 1526.
He died on 26 November 1549 and was buried at Chepstow, Monmouthshire, Wales.
Children of Henry Somerset, 2nd Earl of Worcester and Elizabeth Browne
- Lady Anne Somerset d. 8 Sep 1591
- Lady Lucy Somerset d. 23 Feb 1582/83
- Lady Jane Somerset d. 16 Oct 1597
- William Somerset, 3rd Earl of Worcester b. c 1527, d. 21 Feb 1588/89
- Royal Ancestry by Douglas Richardson Vol. II p. 336
- Royal Ancestry D. Richardson 2013 Vol. V p. 468
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
It may be possible to confirm family relationships with Henry by comparing test results with other carriers of his Y-chromosome or his mother's mitochondrial DNA. Y-chromosome DNA test-takers in his direct paternal line on WikiTree:
- Richard III (York) of England : Y-Chromosome Test 22 markers, haplogroup G-P287, Ysearch 45AER
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Family Tree DNA.
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to the Profile Manager. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)
On 1 Apr 2014 at 01:29 GMT Danielle Mc Donough wrote:
SORRY I Am unable to merge until I get the go ahead from wiki a few profiles I merged were wrong trying to sort it .this is the best I can do till then. regards DANIELLE
On 17 Nov 2012 at 15:58 GMT Lindsay (Stough) Coleman wrote:
Henry is 18 degrees from Kevin Bacon, 21 degrees from AJ Jacobs, 26 degrees from Michael Phelps, 23 degrees from Neil deGrasse Tyson and 15 degrees from Queen Elizabeth II of the Commonwealth Realms on our single family tree. Login to find your connection.