Location: Annandale, Scotland
This is a central page for organizing genealogy related to ADAMS families and information about individuals, places, and things named Adams.
(Do you have any info about Adams or the name? Please join the Trusted List to this page and participate. You can also post a comment or memory below.)
Adams families can also be Adam, Adamson, Adamsone, Adamessone, Adames, Adie, Adami, Adamini, or Adcocks.
Origins of the Surname
The origins are in Annandale, Scotland in the 13th century.
The meaning: Patronymic of the Hebrew personal name of Adam, which may be from the Hebrew adama for "earth."
For more on this see:
In the 2000 U.S. Census, Adams is ranked as the 39th most common surname with 413,086 individual entries.
Prominent Adams Family Trees
- Descended from Henry Adams, English settler of Braintree, MS
- Descended from John Adams, 2nd U.S. President
Adams on WikiTree
There are many famillies and individuals named Adams on WikiTree. Here is the Adams Index.
View by popularity, date, or upload date.
- Login to request to the join the Trusted List so that you can edit and add images.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to the Profile Manager. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post comments. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
There are no public comments yet.