Location: 800 Pine Ridge Road,Cheektowaga,New York
There is the old part of United German & French Cemetery where the chapel situates and then, across Pine Ridge Road, there is the new cemetery, by the Southeast Corner of East Delevan Street at the boundary of Buffalo and Cheektowaga. The cemetery extends beyond the Cheektowaga town lines, especially the newest parts.
In the winter of 1859, the United German and French Roman Catholic Cemetery Association was organized with nine trustees and they purchased land at Pine Hill, which they still conduct for a Catholic CemeteryHistorically it is called PINE HILL in the old church records. Then it was named United German & French ( abbreviated U G & F). Now called Mount Calvary (Pine Lawn) Cemetery at 800 Pine Ridge Road ,Cheektowaga, New York .14225-2598.
See also Find A Grave
- Rev. Thomas Donohue, D.D., History of the Diocese of Buffalo (Buffalo, New York: The Buffalo Catholic Publication Co., Inc., 1929), p. 391.
- Login to request to the join the Trusted List so that you can edit and add images.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to the Profile Manager. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)
On 8 May 2015 at 00:38 GMT Vic Watt wrote:
Could you please change the categories as follows: change Category: New York Cemeteries to Category: Erie County, New York, Cemeteries
On 25 Dec 2014 at 12:04 GMT Jillaine Smith wrote:
Category:Erie_County, New_York Cemeteries
On 10 Dec 2012 at 01:19 GMT M Lechner wrote:
Note the space needed, Change: Category:Buffalo,New York to: Category:Buffalo, New York