Location: Nova Scotia, Massachusetts
This is a large family bible with hand-written notes in the front about births, weddings, and deaths. It also includes newspaper clippings and other small ephemera.
It was originally owned by Mary Olive (Lorman) Whitten. Most of the entries are from the 1880s to the 1920s. One is from 1936, one from 1944.
The most carefully done entry, presumably the first, is for the wedding of Edward and Mary in 1882.
This bible was entrusted to Chris Whitten by Mildred (Bartlett) Whitten shortly before she passed away. All the data that Chris could get from the bible is included in these Web pages. The bible itself is currently stored at his home in Croton on Hudson, NY.
These entries from the bible have not yet been interpreted:
- Died 1944 Gladis (sp?) Lorman Jackam Seyesh (sp?)
- Leniam? May Dean died September 14, 1881
- Joseph Edward Dean died July 15, 1882
- Sarah Elizabeth Dean died July 6, 1883
- William Dean died at his home at February 22, 1911, burial at the Edson Cemetary in Lowell, Mass. (A clipping about Julietta says there is a "family plot" at the Edson cemetary.)
- Childery (children?) of William and Leyia Jane Dean (this was above the notes for Mary Elizabeth Kershaw, Grace Lorman, William, etc. This must be William Dean and Elizabeth Jane (Lorman) Dean. Need to get their children from the census records to straighten all this out.)
- Mary Elizabeth Kershaw from Monteral (sp?) Canada June 29, 1883
- Grace Lorman October 29, 1883 (born in Lowell, Mass.)
- William and Mary (???) Kershaw born Lowell August 12, 1885
- Leyia Jane Dean born August 20, 1885, in Lowell, Mass.
- Harvey Wade (sp?) Whitten born July 20, 1885 in Lowell, Mass.
- George Henry (sp?) Lorman born November 14? 1887
- Alphia Kershaw born July 13, 1887, Lowell Mass.
- Kate Kershaw died (wod?) November 15, 1888, Lowell, Mass.
- Alice Emily Maxwell born July 19, 1889 in Lowell, Mass.
- Frederick Maxwell born April 17, 1885, in Lowell, Mass.
- Juletta Maxwell died on Christmas eve December 24, 1916. Burial at West Lawn Cemetary at Lowell, Mass.
- September 26, 1902 Alford (sp?) Charles Leach South Fitchburg, Mass.
- George (sp?) Lorman died December 25, 1907.
These clippings are also largely un-interpreted:
- A newspaper clipping about the marriage of George H. Lorman and Mabel Bourassa, where the reception was held at the groom's mother's house, Elizabeth Lorman of 57 West Fifth Street. (Can't figure out the Lorman family tree.)
- A clipping about the funeral of Mrs. Julietta S. Maxwell, who died at her home at 1276 Bridge Street. The burial was at the Edson cemetary in the family plot. Rev. Earnest Bartlett (any relation? probably not) of the Dracut Centre Congregational church conducted the services.
The following notes have recently been interpreted:
- Richard Ira Spaulding, born June 5, 1905, Arlington, Mass.
View by popularity, date, or upload date.
Fitchburg, MA 1883 Comments: 0. WikiTree Popularity: 1.
- Login to edit this profile and add images.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to the Profile Manager. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post comments. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 10 per day.)
On January 23, 2014 Mildred Arms wrote: