This person was created through the import of Spencer.ged on 02 February 2011. The following data was included in the gedcom. You may wish to edit it for readability.
- Note: @N18@
- @N18@ NOTE
- DAR Patriot Ancestor #A106846
- 1810, Pulaski Co KY, page 570: 22101/02210.
- Amasa had two wives. James was a son of the first marriage. Amasa's first wife was Sarah Elizabeth Spencer, (b. 1765, Albemarle, VA; d. 1801, Pulaski Co KY). She was the daughter of John Spencer (b. 1732, Hanover, VA; d. 1789, Albemarle, VA) and Rosanna Graves, and the granddaughter of John and Mary Spencer of Albemarle. (John Spencer was born in 1706 in South Carolina, and he died in 1758 in Albemarle. Two great Spencer lines connect with this marriage: the Gerard Spencer line of Massachusetts (4 brothers & 1 sister) via Amasa and the Albemarle Spencers (who came from the Charleston SC line) via sarah Elizabeth. This researcher believes that the South Carolina Spencers originated in the Northeast. Whatever the connection, these Spencers were all related.
- Marriage 2 Mary Polly MEEKS
- ? Married: 17 Dec 1801
- 1. Elizabeth b: Probably 1802
- 2. Margaret b: 1804 in ,Pulaski,KY
- 3. Jane b: 1805 in ,Pulaski,KY
- 4. Mose b: 9 Jul 1806
- 5. Nancy b: 1812 in ,Pulaski,KY
- 6. Amasa b: 15 Feb 1815 in ,Pulaski,KY
- 7. Nathan Jackson b: 1821 in ,Pulaski,KY
- ?Marriage 3 Prisilla MEEK or Priscilla Fitzgerald
- ? Married: 5 Jan 1835
- User ID: 7E6319B11D454994A750D70D4EEC0F55638B
- Data Changed:
- Date: 22 MAR 2010
Prior to import, this record was last changed 22 MAR 2010.
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Register as a guest to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
It may be possible to confirm family relationships with Amasa by comparing test results with other carriers of his Y-chromosome or his mother's mitochondrial DNA. Y-chromosome DNA test-takers in his direct paternal line on WikiTree:
- Login to edit this profile and add images.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to the Profile Manager. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post comments. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 10 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for questions directed to the wider genealogy community.)
There are no public comments yet.