- Amasa Spencer's Profile
- Family Tree & Genealogy Tools
This person was created through the import of Spencer.ged on 02 February 2011. The following data was included in the gedcom. You may wish to edit it for readability.
- Note: @N18@
- @N18@ NOTE
- DAR Patriot Ancestor #A106846
- 1810, Pulaski Co KY, page 570: 22101/02210.
- Amasa had two wives. James was a son of the first marriage. Amasa's first wife was Sarah Elizabeth Spencer, (b. 1765, Albemarle, VA; d. 1801, Pulaski Co KY). She was the daughter of John Spencer (b. 1732, Hanover, VA; d. 1789, Albemarle, VA) and Rosanna Graves, and the granddaughter of John and Mary Spencer of Albemarle. (John Spencer was born in 1706 in South Carolina, and he died in 1758 in Albemarle. Two great Spencer lines connect with this marriage: the Gerard Spencer line of Massachusetts (4 brothers & 1 sister) via Amasa and the Albemarle Spencers (who came from the Charleston SC line) via sarah Elizabeth. This researcher believes that the South Carolina Spencers originated in the Northeast. Whatever the connection, these Spencers were all related.
- Marriage 2 Mary Polly MEEKS
- ? Married: 17 Dec 1801
- 1. Elizabeth b: Probably 1802
- 2. Margaret b: 1804 in ,Pulaski,KY
- 3. Jane b: 1805 in ,Pulaski,KY
- 4. Mose b: 9 Jul 1806
- 5. Nancy b: 1812 in ,Pulaski,KY
- 6. Amasa b: 15 Feb 1815 in ,Pulaski,KY
- 7. Nathan Jackson b: 1821 in ,Pulaski,KY
- ?Marriage 3 Prisilla MEEK or Priscilla Fitzgerald
- ? Married: 5 Jan 1835
- User ID: 7E6319B11D454994A750D70D4EEC0F55638B
- Data Changed:
- Date: 22 MAR 2010
Prior to import, this record was last changed 22 MAR 2010.
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
It may be possible to confirm family relationships with Amasa by comparing test results with other carriers of his Y-chromosome or his mother's mitochondrial DNA. Y-chromosome DNA test-takers in his direct paternal line on WikiTree:
- Chet Spencer : Family Tree DNA Y-DNA Test 67 markers, haplogroup E-L117, Ysearch 23V7R, FTDNA kit #2186
- Frank Spencer : Family Tree DNA Y-DNA Test 67 markers, haplogroup E-L117, Ysearch BVDU9, FTDNA kit #2376
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Family Tree DNA.
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to the Profile Manager. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)
On April 10, 2015 at 15:48GMT Loretta Blair wrote:
On February 17, 2015 at 14:50GMT Michael Spencer wrote:
Amasa is 15 degrees from Kevin Bacon, 38 degrees from Anne Frank, 19 degrees from AJ Jacobs, 25 degrees from Neil deGrasse Tyson and 12 degrees from Queen Elizabeth II of the Commonwealth Realms on our single family tree. Login to find your connection.