In 1195 Hervey Bagot, whose family possessed Blithfield in the union of Uttoxeter, hundred of South Pirehill co Stafford, and Bagot's-Bromley at the time of the Domesday survey, married the heiress of Baron Stafford, and Hervey's son assumed the surname and title of Stafford.
Hervey was born circa 1175 probably at Blithfield, South Pirehill, co Stafford.
In 1235, Sir William de Wasteneys was holding lands in Licolnshire of Hugh Wake, and Hugh was holding lands of Harvey Bagot and Harvey of the King.
Hervey died 12 May 1237.
- ↑ 'Blennerhassett - Bloxwich', A Topographical Dictionary of England (1848), pp. 282-286. URL: http://www.british-history.ac.uk/report.aspx?compid=50808&strquery=bagot Blithfield Date accessed: 22 July 2014.
- ↑ Rev F Parker, "Notes on the Pedigree of De Wastineys", Collections for a History of Staffordshire, III, (London: The William Salt Archaeological Society, 1882), accessed 22 July 2014, https://archive.org/stream/collectionsforhi03staf#page/158/mode/2up/search/bagot pp.159.
- import of Acrossthepond.ged on 21 February 2011.
- import of YOUNG.ged on Jul 12, 2011 by Zak Young
- import of Woods Beedle Wiki.GED on Mar 1, 2013 by Steve Woods
- import of SRW 7th July 2011.ged on Jul 7, 2011 by Stephen Wilkinson
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Register as a guest to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
No known carriers of Hervey's Y-chromosome or his mother's mitochondrial DNA have taken yDNA or mtDNA tests.
- Login to edit this profile and add images.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to the Profile Manager. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post comments. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for questions directed to the wider genealogy community.)
There are no public comments yet.