- Isaac Stearns's Profile
- Family Tree & Genealogy Tools
This person migrated to New England during the Puritan Great Migration (1620-1640).
(see Great Migration Begins, by R. C. Anderson, Vol. II, p. 1748)
|If you are interested in this profile,
please check out the Puritan Great Migration Project!
Isaac Stearns was born about 1590 of Higham Suffolk England. He died at Watertown MA. The first four children were born in England and the rest Watertown MA. Dates for first 2 children are baptismal dates.
1 ISAAC STEARNS, or Sternes, b. in England, --; md., 1622, Mary Barker, dau. of John and Margaret Barker, of Stoke, Nayland, Suffolk, England. "This is proved correct by an entry in Thomas Lechford's Note Book, pages 291, 292." Isaac Sternes d., June 19, 1671, and his widow d., Apr. 2, 1677; eight children.
- 2 MARY STEARNS, bapt. Jan. 6, 1626, in the Parish of Nayland, Suffolk, England; md., (1) July 9, 1646, in Woburn, Mass., Isaac Learned; md., (2) June 9, 1662, John Burge, of Weymouth.
- 3 HANNAH STEARNS, bapt., Oct. 5, 1628, in England; md., Dec. 25, 1650, in Watertown, Mass., Henry Freeman; buried, June 17, 1656; d.s.p.
- 4 JOHN STEARNS (10), b. perhaps in 1631, in Watertown, Mass., or, perhaps, the child who was batised in 1623; of Billerica.
- 5 ISAAC STEARNS, JR., (17), b. Jan. 6, 1633; admitted freeman, 1665; d., Aug. 29, 1676.
- 6 SARAH STEARNS, b., Sept. 22, 1635, in Watertown, Mass., md. June 7 1655, Dea. Samuel Stone, of Cambridge. She d. Oct. 4, 1700, and he d. Sept. 27, 1715.
- 7 SAMUEL STEARNS (24), b. Apr. 24, 1638; d. Aug. 3, 1683.
- 8 ELIZABETH STEARNS, b. --, 1640; md., Apr. 13, 1664, Samuel Manning, b. July 21, 1644, son of William Manning, of Cambridge, Mass. She d. June 23, 1671, leaving two sons.
- 9 ABIGAIL STEARNS, b. --; md. Apr. 27, 1666, Dea. John Morse, b. Feb. 28, 1639. She d. Oct 16, 1690.
- ↑ "Fifty Great Migration Ancestors" Threfall 1990, pp 435 436 "Stearns Genealogy" "The Great Migration Begins" vol. 3. pp. 1748 1749 "Genealogy And Memoirs Of Isaac Stearns And His Descendants" Avis (Stearns) Van Wagenen 1901, p 22
- ↑ Genealogy and memoirs of Isaac Stearns and his descendants by Mrs. Avis Stearns Van Wagenen. Published 1901 by Courier Printing Co. in Syracuse, N.Y. https://archive.org/stream/genealogymemoirs00vanw pg. 22-4
- Bond, Henry, M.D., Genealogies of the Families and Descendants of the Early Settlers of Watertown, Massachusetts, Including Waltham and Weston (Boston: Little, Brown & Company 1855)(Free e-book. Available at Google Play)
- Hudson, Charles, History of the Town of Lexington, Vol. II - Genealogies (Houghton Mifflin Company, Boston, 1915) (Free e-book. Available at Google Play)
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
No known carriers of Isaac's Y-chromosome or his mother's mitochondrial DNA have taken yDNA or mtDNA tests.
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Family Tree DNA.
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: Donald Gradeless, Rob Stafford, Elizabeth S, and Charlene Sue Chambers. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)
On 20 Jan 2016 at 19:31 GMT Trevor Bruso wrote:
On 20 Jan 2016 at 18:01 GMT Caroline Morse wrote:
On 23 Jun 2015 at 13:07 GMT Robert Keniston Jr. wrote:
Isaac is 14 degrees from Kevin Bacon, 19 degrees from AJ Jacobs, 17 degrees from Michael Phelps, 25 degrees from Neil deGrasse Tyson and 17 degrees from Queen Elizabeth II of the Commonwealth Realms on our single family tree. Login to find your connection.