- Jane (Steele) Findley's Profile
- Family Tree & Genealogy Tools
A note found in "The Findley Genealogy" says that she died in Belfast prior to the family migrating to America.
"William Findley, Sr, , had the following children by his first wife, Jane Holland Steele, who died Feb. 21, 1857, in Belfast: Archibald, Alexander, John, James, Hon, William, Samuel, and Andrew. He married second to Mrs. Martha Drennen, nee Dreamer, the widow of Daniel Drennen and mother of three children born in Ireland, a son and two daughters, 1758."
- Date: 18 Oct 1721
1. The Findley Genaealogy: Mr. & Mrs . Harold R, Anderson found online here.
- User ID: EF196C7DD85D2E4C96EDFE8563DA76D831D5
This biography was auto-generated by a GEDCOM import. It's a rough draft and needs to be edited.
- 26 DEC 2012 12:14:58 GMT -0600
Record ID Number
- ID Number: MH:I133
- ID: C42554A4-IBGT-2J18-C425-C42554A4B49M
- Source: S500001 UPD 26 DEC 2012 12:07:42 GMT -0600 Author: PATRICIA GRUETTER Title: Findley Web Site Text:
MyHeritage.com family tree
Family site: Findley Web SiteFamily tree: 6732581-2 Type: Smart Matching Media: 6732581-2 Page: JANE HOLLAND FINDLEY (born STEELE) Quality or Certainty of Data: 3 Data: Date: 26 DEC 2012 Text: Added by confirming a Smart Match Event: Smart Matching Role: 2008576
Thank you to Marjorie Snelson for creating WikiTree profile Steele-1676 through the import of p05u78_09458752408rpf2h0178au.ged on Jan 21, 2013.
Click to the Changes page for the details of edits by Marjorie and others.
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
It may be possible to confirm family relationships with Jane by comparing test results with other carriers of her mitochondrial DNA. However, there are no known mtDNA test-takers in her direct maternal line. It is likely that these autosomal DNA test-takers will share DNA with Jane:
- Martin Richard Peterson : 23andMe
- Louann Hamilton : 23andMe + Family Tree DNA Family Finder, FTDNA kit #324185
- Cathe McConiga : 23andMe
- Angelique (Barton) Chamberlain : AncestryDNA
- John (Hamilton) Hunter : Family Tree DNA Family Finder, GEDMatch T723765, FTDNA kit #29954
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Family Tree DNA.
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: John Hunter and Marjorie Kemp. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)
There are no public comments yet.
Jane is 24 degrees from Kevin Bacon, 45 degrees from Anne Frank, 22 degrees from AJ Jacobs, 28 degrees from Neil deGrasse Tyson and 23 degrees from Queen Elizabeth II of the Commonwealth Realms on our single family tree. Login to find your connection.