- Robert Steele's Profile
- Family Tree & Genealogy Tools
This biography was auto-generated by a GEDCOM import. It's a rough draft and needs to be edited.
- ID: 71E7246C-CA25-4398-A3D5-51E1D5EF451B
- ID Number: MH:IF236
- ID: 6214151C-D88B-443F-9D66-AE9CA1B34F80
- ID Number: MH:IF237
- BET MAY 1821 AND JUN 1821
- Wythe Co, VA
Imported only MAY 1821 from Death Date and marked as uncertain.
Record ID Number
- ID Number: MH:I158
- ID: 79A102F1-17D7-496C-B7D7-6CF558B8EB3E
- 23 JUN 2009 16:18:20 GMT-7
- Gathering of the clan (p. 3)
- "By 1770, Robert Steele had achieved his majority. Leaving his father's home, he traveled back to prince Edward County, whre he courted and married Mary Keeling. Soon after their marriage, Robert and Mary joined with others who were moving westward to the New River Vallely. Indian raids were not as frequent or severe as they had been back in the 1750s and with the greater numbers now moving into the New River Valley, Robert obviously felt more secure in returning to the place of his youth. There Robert, with his bride settled, and was listed among the Tithables in 1772, joining Samuel Steele who had settled there about a year earlier.
- "The development of a home and family had hardly commenced when Robert and Samuel made a trip to North Carolilna. The trip appears to have been made rather suddenly. We know from family legend, Reubenattempted to make a business trip to his homeland and was tragically lost at sea on the return voyage. It is supposed the news of Reuben's death necessitated thier unexpected trip, perhaps there was family busihness to settle an a mother to look after. Their stay in North Carolina was short and after a period Robert returned to the New River Valley."
- Steele, Carl Edmond, Jr. "Steele: A gathering of the clan," Tulsa, OK: 1981. (Library of Congress number 81-84159)
Thank you to Doni Steele for creating WikiTree profile Steele-1718 through the import of Entire Family Tree - 28092012.ged on Feb 3, 2013.
Click to the Changes page for the details of edits by Doni and others.
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).DNA
No known carriers of Robert's Y-chromosome or his mother's mitochondrial DNA have taken yDNA or mtDNA tests.
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? Login to add it.
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to the Profile Manager. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for questions directed to the wider genealogy community.)
There are no public comments yet.