- Sir William Stewart, of Jedworth and Teviotdale
- d. 1402. Captured at Battle of Homildon Hill. Executed by Hotspur.
Disputed Parents and Siblings
- According to Medieval Lands, there were two Williams with the same mother ... this William being the first. Other sources dispute this position. For instance, Foster (1847) believes that William I (d.1402) belongs to another family entirely. In addition, their mothers are also disputed. Medieval Lands states that both were Turnbull's kids, while others state that William II (d.1429) belonged to Janet Keith.
Wives and children of Alexander of Darnley:
- John of Darnley, Constable of the Scots Army in France 1420-1429.
- William, ancestor of the Earls of Galloway
- Isabel Oliver (Father: Richard Oliver)
- Sherrif of Teviotdale
- Elliot, G.F.S. (1897). The Border Elliots and the Family of Minto. David Douglas. Google Books.
- Foster, T. (1847). The London Quarterly Review, (pp.242). Google eBook.
- Stewart of Darnly. Medieval Lands v. 4. fmg.ac.
- Paul, J.P. (1907). The Scots Peerage founded on Wood's edition of Sir Robert Douglas's peerage of Scotland; containing an historical and genealogical account of the nobility of that kingdom, (Vol 4.).archive.org
- ↑ The Scots Peerage, p. 145-159
- ↑ Paul, 1907, p. 159.
- ↑ Elliot, pp. 525/6
- ↑ Father: Sir William Keith of Galston; widow of Sir David Hamilton of Cadzow
- ↑ Paul, 1907, p.145-149
- ↑ Isabel Oliver. thepeerage.com; Father: Richard Oliver. thepeerage.com; Burke, 2003; Ancestry Family Trees: Princess Isabel /(Widow Sir Richard) Oliver née Stewart
- Jul 27, 2011 by Peg Merten.
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
It may be possible to confirm family relationships with William by comparing test results with other carriers of his Y-chromosome or his mother's mitochondrial DNA. Y-chromosome DNA test-takers in his direct paternal line on WikiTree:
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? Login to add it.
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to the Profile Manager. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for questions directed to the wider genealogy community.)
On June 16, 2015 at 21:07GMT Gay Brown wrote: