Parents and Siblings
Alexander of Darnley married:
- Turnbull-246, sister of Sir John Turnbull, Lord of Minto
- Janet Keith, daughter of Sir William Keith of Galston, widow of Sir David Hamilton of Cadzow
- Name: Sir William /Stewart, of Jedworth and Teviotdale/
- From The Peerage for Isabel Oliver, daughter of Richard Oliver, citing Burke's (2003).
- From ancestry.com link, Princess Isabel /(Widow Sir Richard) Oliver née Stewart/
- Sir James Balfour Paul, Ed., 1907, The Scots Peerage, founded on Wood's edition of Sir Robert Douglas's peerage of Scotland; containing an historical and genealogical account of the nobility of that kingdom Vol 4.
- George Francis Scott Elliot, The Border Elliots and the Family of Minto (Google eBook). David Douglas, 1897.
- ↑ Sir James Balfour Paul, Ed., 1907, The Scots Peerage, Vol. 4, p. 159. added 2014-06-01, amb
- ↑ Elliot, John Turnebull, pp. 525/6, added 2014-06-01, amb
- ↑ Paul, Ed., 1907, The Scots Peerage, Vol 4, p.145-149., retrieved 2014-06-01, amb
- ↑ The Scots Peerage, p. 145-159
- ↑ Source: Ancestry Family Trees
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).DNA
No known carriers of William of Jedworth and Teviotdale's Y-chromosome or his mother's mitochondrial DNA have taken yDNA or mtDNA tests.
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? Login to add it.
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to the Profile Manager. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for questions directed to the wider genealogy community.)
There are no public comments yet.