Alexander Stewart was the 4th of Ledcreich and Stronslany, and the only son of General Patrick Stewart and Margaret Buchanan. He was born about 1676 at Ledcreich, Balquhidder, Perthshire, Scotland.
Alexander married Catherine Stewart in Glenogle. They had five children:
- Patrick STEWART, 5th of Ledcreich and Stronslany, b. 7 FEB 1697, along with his brother William, and six Argyllshire gentlemen (land owners), together with three hundred other Highlanders (commoners) immigrated in 1739 to Cape Fear, North Carolina.
- Lieut. John Stewart, 6th of Ledcreich and Stronslany, b abt 1700
- Robert STEWART, 7th of Ledcreich and Stronslany, b: ABT 1704
- Alexander STEWART, b: 11 SEP 1707 in Ledcreich (Auchnahard?), d. y.
- William STEWART. b. ABT 1711, immigrated with his brother Patrick from Perthshire, Scotland as a widower with several children to North Carolina in 1739. He settled in Bladen County, North Carolina on the Cape Fear River.
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Register as a guest to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
No known carriers of Alexander's Y-chromosome or his mother's mitochondrial DNA have taken yDNA or mtDNA tests.
- Login to edit this profile and add images.
- Private Messages:
- Public Comments: Login to post comments. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for questions directed to the wider genealogy community.)
On August 23, 2011 at 20:52GMT Cody Coggins wrote: