Alexander Stewart was the 4th Laird of Ledcreich and Stronslany. He was the only son of General Patrick Stewart and Margaret Buchanan. He was born about 1676 at Ledcreich, Balquhidder, Perthshire, Scotland.
Alexander married Catherine Stewart in Glenogle. They had five children:
- Patrick STEWART, 5th of Ledcreich and Stronslany, b. 7 FEB 1697, along with his brother William, and six Argyllshire gentlemen (land owners), together with three hundred other Highlanders (commoners) immigrated in 1739 to Cape Fear, North Carolina.
- Lieut. John Stewart, 6th of Ledcreich and Stronslany, b abt 1700
- Robert STEWART, 7th of Ledcreich and Stronslany, b: ABT 1704
- Alexander STEWART, b: 11 SEP 1707 in Ledcreich (Auchnahard?), d. y.
- William STEWART. b. ABT 1711, immigrated with his brother Patrick from Perthshire, Scotland as a widower with several children to North Carolina in 1739. He settled in Bladen County, North Carolina on the Cape Fear River.
[Stewart of Ledcreich]</ref>
Biography by Mary Richardson, Sunday, May 25, 2014.
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).DNA
No known carriers of Alexander's Y-chromosome or his mother's mitochondrial DNA have taken yDNA or mtDNA tests.
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? Login to add it.
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to the Profile Manager. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for questions directed to the wider genealogy community.)
On August 23, 2011 at 20:52GMT Cody Coggins wrote: