This person was created through the import of Acrossthepond.ged on 21 February 2011. The following data was included in the gedcom. You may wish to edit it for readability.
- Name: James /STEWART/
- Name Suffix: of Traquair
The suffix of Traquair is non-traditional and may be too long for the WikiTree suffix.
- Date: 9 Mar 1605/06
Imported only 9 Mar 1605 from Death Date and marked as uncertain.
- User ID: 558BE972310F448D8F92223A9E9E0A3B4A90
- Data Changed:
- Date: 4 NOV 2009
Prior to import, this record was last changed 4 NOV 2009.
James Stewart was born in 1534. James Stewart Sixth Baron of Traquair ... He passed away in 1607. 
No more info is currently available for James Stewart Sixth Baron of Traquair. Can you add to his biography?
- Samuel McGee, firsthand knowledge. Click the Changes tab for the details of edits by Samuel and others.
- ↑ Entered by Samuel McGee, Nov 27, 2011
This person was created through the import of Kahn Family Tree 3.2.11_2011-04-29.ged on 30 April 2011. The following data was included in the gedcom. You may wish to edit it for readability. The title of High Steward or Great Steward was given in the 12th century to Walter Fitzalan, whose descendants became the House of Stewart. In 1371, the last High Steward inherited the throne, and thereafter the title of High Steward of Scotland has been held as a subsidiary title to that of Duke of Rothesay, held by the heir-apparent. Thus, currently, The Prince of Wales is High Steward of Scotland, sometimes known as the Prince and Great Steward of Scotland. High Stewards of Scotland, c. 1150–present
Walter Fitz-Alan, 1st High Steward of Scotland c. 1150–1177
Alan Fitzwalter, 2nd High Steward of Scotland 1177–1204
Walter Stewart, 3rd High Steward of Scotland 1204–1246
Alexander Stewart, 4th High Steward of Scotland 1246–1283
James Stewart, 5th High Steward of Scotland 1283–1309
Walter Stewart, 6th High Steward of Scotland 1309–1327
Robert Stewart, 7th High Steward of Scotland (Robert II of Scotland) 1327–1371
David Stewart, Duke of Rothesay 1398–1402
James Stewart, Duke of Rothesay (James I of Scotland) 1402–1406
Alexander Stewart, Duke of Rothesay 1430
James Stewart, Duke of Rothesay (James II of Scotland) 1430–1437
James Stewart, Duke of Rothesay (James III of Scotland) 1453–1460
James Stewart, Duke of Rothesay (James IV of Scotland) 1473–1488
James Stewart, Duke of Rothesay 1507–1508
Arthur Stewart, Duke of Rothesay 1509–1510
James Stewart, Duke of Rothesay (James V of Scotland) 1512–1513
James Stewart, Duke of Rothesay 1540–1541
James Stuart, Duke of Rothesay (James VI & I) 1566–1567
Henry Frederick Stuart, Duke of Rothesay (Prince of Wales) 1594–1612
Charles Stuart, Duke of Rothesay (Charles I) 1612–1625
Charles Stuart, Duke of Rothesay (Charles II) 1630–1649
James Francis Edward Stuart, Duke of Rothesay 1688–1689
George Augustus, Duke of Rothesay (George II) 1714–1727
Frederick Louis, Duke of Rothesay (Prince of Wales) 1727–1751
George, Duke of Rothesay (George IV) 1762–1820
Albert Edward, Duke of Rothesay (Edward VII) 1841–1901
George Windsor, Duke of Rothesay (George V) 1901–1910
Edward Windsor, Duke of Rothesay (Edward VIII) 1910–1936
Charles Mountbatten-Windsor, Duke of Rothesay (Prince of Wales) 1952–
- Name: Sir James /Stewart/
- Source: #S13
- Page: Ancestry Family Trees
- Note: #N689
- Source: #S13
- Source S13
- Title: Ancestry Family Trees
- Publication: Name: Online publication - Provo, UT, USA: The Generations Network. Original data: Family Tree files submitted by Ancestry members.;
- Repository: #R2
- NOTEThis information comes from 1 or more individual Ancestry Family Tree files. This source citation points you to a current version of those files. Note: The owners of these tree files may have removed or changed information since this source citation was created.
- Repository R2
- Name: Ancestry.com
- Address: http://www.Ancestry.com
- E-Mail Address:
- Phone Number:
- Note N689
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).DNA
No known carriers of Sir James's Y-chromosome or his mother's mitochondrial DNA have taken yDNA or mtDNA tests.
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? Login to add it.
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: Katherine Patterson and Samuel McGee. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for questions directed to the wider genealogy community.)
There are no public comments yet.