Isabella was the daughter of Robert Stewart, King Robert II of Scots and Elizabeth More or Mure who had a dispensation to marry on 22 November 1347 at Kyle, Ayr, Scotland. Isabella's father was also married to Euphemia Leslie Ross Queen of Scots.
Isabella was the sister of:
- Robert Stewart
- Walter Stewart
- Robert Stewart
- Margaret Stewart
- Marjorie Stewart
- Elizabeth Catherine Janet Stewart Countess of Crawford
- Jean Stewart
- Alexander Stewart
- Jill Egidia Stewart Lady Nithsdale
- David Stewart
Marriages and Childen
- James Douglas, 2nd Earl of Mar, on 23 Sep 1371 .
- Sir John de Edmonstone Knight. with whom Isabella had children:
- James Douglas 1st Lord Dalkeith
- William Douglas was born in 1374.
- Agnes Douglas
- Margaret Douglas
- ↑ #S171. The Peerage; Jun 20, 2011 by Michael Stephenson. Pedigree CD 49 Salt Lake City, UT: Intellectual Reserve, Inc., 2002; Jun 20, 2011 by Michael Stephenson. Ancestral File LDS June 1998 (c), data as of 5 JAN 1998; Jun 20, 2011 by Michael Stephenson. Ancestral File LDS June 1998 (c), data as of 5 JAN 1998; hofundssonAnces.ged; #S004386 Ancestry Family Trees
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Ancestry Public Member Trees. Record for Robert II STEWART King of Scotland; #S125 Ancestry Public Member Trees. Record for Sir Robert II 'the Steward' Stewart 35th King of Scots
- ↑ Peerage: btw 1336 - 1355; S4 & S00048: or ABT 1348
- ↑ Jun 20, 2011 by Michael Stephenson. Ancestral File (TM): LDS June 1998 (c), data as of 5 JAN 1998; hofundssonAnces.ged
- ↑ Peerage: after 24 Sep 1371 m. Douglas; By dispensation per Jun 20, 2011 by Michael Stephenson. Ancestral File (TM) Author: The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day SAINTS Publication: June 1998 (c), data as of 5 JAN 1998; hofundssonAnces.ged
- ↑ btw 1388 - 1390 m. Edmonston
- ↑ S171; S4
- ↑ S125. Ancestry Public Member Trees: Record for Sir Robert II 'the Steward' Stewart 35th King of Scots
- Hugh Glenrinnes Bruce, The Bruces of Kildrummy: A Family History, 1992
- Genealogical Account of the The Family Of Edmonstone Of Duntreath by: Sir Archibald Of Duntreath Baronet. April 1851 archive.org
- familysearch.org ID:: LDTT-JJK
Searching for someone else?
- Isabel (Stewart) Murray
- Eupheme (Brus) Dunbar
- Mary Isabella Stewart
- Isabella (Patrick) Stewart
- Isabella (Stewart) Billings
- Francis Isabel Stewart
- Isabel Stewart
- Isabella Stewart
- Isabel (Stewart) Bruce
- Eleanor (Douglas) Fraser
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
No known carriers of Isabella's mitochondrial DNA have taken an mtDNA test.
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Family Tree DNA.
Images: 3 Collaboration
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: Brent Bowen, Robert Garcia, Betty Hewett, Marc Cohen, Tomeka Bernstetter, and Ted Williams. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)
On 27 Sep 2016 at 18:45 GMT Brent Bowen wrote:
On 5 Aug 2016 at 22:23 GMT John Vickery IV wrote:
This Profile shows: "Lady Isabella Euphame Stewart aka de Brus" Mother as: "Elizabeth O'Rowallan (Mure) of Scotland"., Witch is incorrect according to: Genealogical Account of the The Family Of Edmonstone Of Duntreath by: Sir Archibald Of Duntreath Baronet. April 1851 archive.org Page: 25. JPVIV
On 5 Aug 2016 at 22:16 GMT John Vickery IV wrote:
Page: 24/25., "This gentleman (Sir John de Edmonstone Knight) had the honour of contracting a Royal alliance, for he married the Lady Isabel, daughter of King Robert II., by his second wife Eufemia Ross, relict of Randolf, Earl of Moray, This lady had married, in 1371, James II. Earl of Douglas and Mar, who was killed at the battle of Otterburn in 1388, by whom she had no children, and secondly, Sir John Edmonstone. (Sir John de Edmonstone Knight).
(Note: More in the next above Message.)
On 19 Jan 2015 at 10:22 GMT Tomeka (Hommel) Bernstetter wrote:
On 16 Aug 2014 at 19:07 GMT Eugene Quigley wrote:
On 16 Aug 2014 at 19:05 GMT Eugene Quigley wrote:
On 15 Aug 2014 at 00:14 GMT Marc Cohen wrote:
Isabella is 20 degrees from Kevin Bacon, 24 degrees from AJ Jacobs, 24 degrees from Michael Phelps, 24 degrees from Neil deGrasse Tyson and 17 degrees from Queen Elizabeth II of the Commonwealth Realms on our single family tree. Login to find your connection.