This person was created through the import of Watkins.ged on 04 April 2011. The following data was included in the gedcom. You may wish to edit it for readability.
- User ID: 775962766508284CAE80A8B14D0F549D5D4C
- Note: (IMMIGRANT)
- ARRIVED PRIOR TO 1656. CAME TO NEW AMSTERDAM(NYC) FROM CHESHIRE
- ESTABLISHED HIMSELF AS LANDHOLDER IN FLUSHING LONG ISLAND IN THE
- OF QUEENS WHICH WAS THEN UNDER DUTCH RULE. A DOCUMENT SIGNED IN 1656
- HIS SIGNATURE PETITIONING THE DUTCH GOVERNOR PETER STUYVESANT OF NEW
- AMSTERDAM TO RELEASE WILLIAM WICKENDEN WHO WAS IMPRISONED FOR
- WITHOUT A LISCENSE
- 1694 ENGLAND TOOK OVER THE DUTCH COLONY WITH A NEW GOVERNOR. RICHARD
- GIVEN THE TITLE OF LIEUTENANT OF THE FLUSHING COMPANY OF LIGHTHORSE.
- OF HIS ISSUE THERE WERE 3 SONS AND 6 DAUGHTERS
- 1686 RICHARD BEGAN BUYING "QUAKER BOOKS"
- 1691 RICHARD BECOMES MEMBER OF THE SOCIETY OF FRIENDS. OLDEST SON
- AND MOVES TO NEW JERSEY
- 1692 RICHARD MOVES TO QUAKER SETTLEMENT, BURLINGTON NEW JERSEY(FOUNDED
- 15 YRS
- PRIOR) SOLD 70 ACRES (FLUSHING L.I.) AND 60 ACRES (2 MILES AWAY AT
- MATEGESON BAY FOR 300 POUNDS. BOUGHT 1400 ACRES IN N.J. FOR 325
- HIS PROPERTY ADJOINED LAND OWNED BY SHOOLEY/HUTCHESSON
- Data Changed:
- Date: 28 May 2002
- Time: 21:42:06
- Date: 28 May 2002
Prior to import, this record was last changed 21:42:06 28 May 2002.
JOHN STOCKTON(-2) (Born in 1600 in Kiddington, Chester County, England and Died June 13, 1643 at 43 years old in England) a son of Owen Stockton(-1). John married ? Stockton (Born 1575 in England and died in England) in Malpas, Chester, England.
Children of John Stockton and wife were:
1. Richard Stockton(1) Born 1626 in Malpas Parish Cheshire,
England.Christened in Malpas Parish, Chester County, Cheshire, England. Died September 25, 1707 in Oneanickon (Annanicken), Springfield Township, Burlington, New Jersey. Buried January 25, 1708 in Oneanickon (Annanicken), Springfield Township, Burlington, New Jersey.
No more info is currently available. Can you add to this biography?
- WikiTree profile Stockton-205 created through the import of Rhodes 2011_2011-07-09_01_01.ged on Jul 9, 2011 by Tom Rhodes. See the Changes page for the details of edits by Tom and others.
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Register as a guest to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
No known carriers of John's Y-chromosome or his mother's mitochondrial DNA have taken yDNA or mtDNA tests.
- Login to edit this profile and add images.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: Linda Ellinger and Jonathan Watkins. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post comments. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for questions directed to the wider genealogy community.)
There are no public comments yet.