- E Symond atte Stone's Profile
- Family Tree & Genealogy Tools
- Father John Atte Stone b. c 1420, d. 1487
- Simon Atte Stone married Elizabeth. Simon Atte Stone was born in 1450 at Much Bromley, Essex, England. He left a will on 12 May 1506 at of Much Bromley, Essex, England. His estate was probated on 10 February 1511.
- David "Davy" Stone (ABT 1477 - ABT 1542)
- Walter Stone 1483 -
- Michael Stone 1486 -
- William Stone 1488 -
- The earliest mention of him on record is as follows; is name is on the list of the homage at the Court held for Henry VII (1491-1492). Simon Stone sent his excuse for nonattendance through William Moyes. Simon Stone held the estate of the Monor of Bovills in Ardleigh called “Walles” an estate in the adjoining parish of Great Bromley [Anglo-Saxon meaning for Brom (the plant) and leigh (pasture) ] called “Goodness” where he settled and resided. For five generations, nearly 150 years the Ancestors of the Stone’s from America lived in Great Bromley. The features of the land consisted of hedges that bound the fields and roadbeds with plastered walled thatched roof farmhouses. Simon Stone lived during the reign of Henry VI (1422-1461), Edward IV (1461-1483), Edward V (1483), Richard III (1483-1485), Henry VII (1485-1509) ( the accession of Henry VII took place after the battle of Bosworth Field). Simon Stones will is in the Stowe Collection in the Manuscript Department of the British Museum in London. He had a son David “Davy” Stone.
- Source S43
- Author: Ancestry.com
- Title: Public Member Trees
- Publication: Name: The Generations Network, Inc.; Location: Provo, UT, USA; Date:2006;
- Repository: #R1
- Repository R1
- Name: www.ancestry.com
- Title: Ancestry Family Trees
- Publication: Name: Online publication - Provo, UT, USA: The Generations Network. Original data: Family Tree files submitted by Ancestry members.;
- NOTEThis information comes from 1 or more individual Ancestry Family Tree files. This source citation points you to a current version of those files. Note: The owners of these tree files may have removed or changed information since this source citation was created.
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).DNA
No known carriers of E Symond atte's Y-chromosome or his mother's mitochondrial DNA have taken yDNA or mtDNA tests.
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? Login to add it.
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: Marc Cohen, Tanya Breese, and Robert Weaver. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for questions directed to the wider genealogy community.)
There are no public comments yet.