- Elizabeth (Stone) Potter's Profile
- Family Tree & Genealogy Tools
Categories: Puritan Great Migration.
This person migrated to New England during the Puritan Great Migration (1620-1640).
|If you are interested in this profile,
please check out the Puritan Great Migration Project!
- The earliest church records of Cambridge preserved in print were compiled in Jan. 1658/9, by the third pastor, Rev. Jonathan Mitchell, who gives the appended account of Dea. Gregory Stone and his family:
- "Gregory Stone, Deacon of this Ch: & Lydia his wife in f. C. [full communion] Whose children, John, Daniel, David, Elizabeth, Samuel, Sarah, Also John Cooper son of the forsaid Lydia and Lydia Fiske her daughter; being all of them through the Rich Grace of Christcome into full Communion ith his people; they will be mentioned aftrewards in the places, all save, John Stone now joyned member of th eCurch of Xt at Sudbury, Lydia Fisk now deceased, Elizabeth Stone now Potter living at Ipswich, Sarah Stone now Miriam Joyned to ye Ch. at Concord." (Records of the First Church in Cambridge, p. 4.)"
- In addition, the 1671 will of Dea. Gregory Stone mentions his daughter:
- "To my daughter Elizab. Potter I do give ten pounds to be pd within halfe a years after my decease..."
- Date: 6 MAR 1627/8
- Place: Ipswich, Essex, Massachucetts, USA, Imported only 6 MAR 1627 from Birth Date and marked as uncertain.
- Date: 10 MAR 1711/2
- Place: Ipswich, Essex, Massachucetts, USA, Imported only 10 MAR 1711 from Death Date and marked as uncertain.
- Date: 6 MAR 1628/1629
- Place: Nayland, Suffolk, England
- ↑ Descendants of Gregory Stone... p 61
Searching for someone else?
- Elizabeth Stone
- Elizabeth (Alcorn) Stone
- Elizabeth (Beers) Stone
- Elizabeth (Stone) Lightfoot
- Elizabeth (Stone) Wheate
- Elizabeth Stone
- Elizabeth (Stone) McMillin
- Elizabeth (Stone) Andros
- Elizabeth (Stone) Terry
- Elizabeth (Stone) Dickinson
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
No known carriers of Elizabeth's mitochondrial DNA have taken an mtDNA test.
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Family Tree DNA.
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: Kay Wilson, Eugene Quigley, Judith Painter-McGregor, Trevor Bruso, Jack Wise, Michael Dean, and Rhonda Scoullar. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)
There are no public comments yet.
Elizabeth is 15 degrees from Kevin Bacon, 44 degrees from Anne Frank, 19 degrees from AJ Jacobs and 16 degrees from Queen Elizabeth II of the Commonwealth Realms on our single family tree. Login to find your connection.