Title: Deacon He had a twin brother, Joseph, who died young.Samuel Strong 
Note: Captured by Indians & escaped.
Source is Hampshire County Probate records. Will dated 16th day of May in the first year of George, 1728. "Given to my daughter Esther White 30 pounds." Will is "marked" not signed. Presented for probate 14 Nov 1732.
- Date: 05 AUG 1652
- Place: Windsor, Hartford, Connecticut,
Marriage date: 1684Marriage place: MA Note: : Death:
- Date: WFT EST. 1653-1742
Could not interpret date in Death Date (WFT EST. 1728-1732).
Husband: Samuel Strong Wife: Esther Clapp Marriage: Date: 19 JUN 1684 Place: Northampton, Hampshire, Massachusetts, Birth date: 1652Birth place: CTMarriage date: 1698Marriage place: MA Note: @N473@</ref>
- Marriage of parents:
- Date: 30 DEC 1636
- Place: Dorchester, Suffolk, Massachusetts
- Source: "John Strong", The Great Migration: Immigrants to New England 1634-1635, by Robert Charles Anderson, New England Historic Genealogical Society, Boston, 2009, Vol. XI, pp. 581 - 588.
- Source: "Elder John Strong and His Descendants," The New England Historical and Genealogical Register, 158 vols., 1847-2004, Url: AmericanAncestors.org Publication by The New England Historical and Genealogical Society, Boston, MA, Vol 23, p.296
- New England Marriages Prior to 1700, by Clarence Almon Torrey (Boston: New England Historic Genealogical Society, 2011) Vol. III, p. 1726. WRIGHT, Joseph (1657-1697) & Ruth SHELDON, m/2 Samuel STRONG 1698; 6 Nov 1679; Deerfield/Northampton.
- Source: Hampshire County Probate records, Will dated 16th day of May in the first year of George, 1728.
- Source: Dwight, Benjamin: The History of the Descendants of Elder John Strong of Northampton, Mass., Albany, N. Y.: Joel Munsell 1871.
- Source: Clapp, Ebenezer, Compiler, The Clapp Memorial, Boston: David Clapp & Sons Puiblishers, 1876
- Source: Author: Yates Publishing Title: U.S. and International Marriage Records, 1560-1900 Publication: Online publication - Provo, UT, USA: The Generations Network, Inc., 2004.Original data - This unique collection of records was extracted from a variety of sources including family group sheets and electronic databases. Originally, the information was derived Repository: http://www.Ancestry.com
- Source: Ancestry Family Trees, Online publication - Provo, UT, USA: Ancestry.com. Original data: Family Tree files submitted by Ancestry members. Note: This information comes from 1 or more individual Ancestry Family Tree files. This source citation points you to a current version of those files. Note: The owners of these tree files may have removed or changed information since this source citation was created. Repository
- ↑ NEHGR "Elder John Strong and His Descendants," vol. 23, p. 296
DeCoursey, Lindsey Bowling, G. Knudsen, Alexandra Crocket, Mary Elizabeth Stewart, Michael Lechner, Becky Syphers (merging and clean up). This list may be incomplete.
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).DNA
No known carriers of Samuel's Y-chromosome or his mother's mitochondrial DNA have taken yDNA or mtDNA tests.
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? Login to add it.
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: Becky Syphers, Brian McCullough, and Lindsey Bowling. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for questions directed to the wider genealogy community.)
There are no public comments yet.