- Robert Sutherland's Profile
- Family Tree & Genealogy Tools
Categories: Clan Sutherland.
|Robert Sutherland is a member of Clan Sutherland.|
|If you are interested in this profile,
please check out the Scottish Clans Project!
Biography of Robert Sutherland
- Robert Sutherland, 6th Earl Sutherland, b. circa 1347, d. circa 1427
- Father William Sutherland, 5th Earl Sutherland d. c 19 Jun 1371
- Mother Joanna de Menteith d. a 20 Mar 1367
- Robert Sutherland, 6th Earl Sutherland was born circa 1347. He married Margaret Stewart, daughter of Sir Alexander Stewart, Earl of Buchan, Ross, Lord of Badenoch and Mariot MacKay, in 1389. Robert Sutherland, 6th Earl Sutherland died circa 1427; About 80 years old.
- Margaret Stewart d. 1442
- John Sutherland, 7th Earl Sutherland+ d. c 1460
- Alexander Sutherland, Baron Dunbeath+4 b. bt 1395 - 1400, d. bt 5 Sep 1454 - Feb 1456
- Source: thepeerage.com
- Source: Scots Peerage VIII:329-30
- Source: Complete Peerage XII/1:544-5
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
No known carriers of Robert's Y-chromosome or his mother's mitochondrial DNA have taken yDNA or mtDNA tests.
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Family Tree DNA.
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: John Atkinson and Eric Henderson. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)
There are no public comments yet.
Robert is 20 degrees from Kevin Bacon, 39 degrees from Anne Frank, 23 degrees from AJ Jacobs, 25 degrees from Neil deGrasse Tyson and 17 degrees from Queen Elizabeth II of the Commonwealth Realms on our single family tree. Login to find your connection.