- William Abel Teague Sr.'s Profile
- Family Tree & Genealogy Tools
UNDER Construction -- This Family/Line is currently being worked by a WikiTree Arborist M.Gaulden
April 23, 2015
William Teague , who had started life as a working miner at the age of eleven, progressed to be an under-captain and eventually a mine captain. He made a fortune in Tincroft and Came Brea mines and subsequently became connected with the Penvoll Smelting Company, which was another profitable venture. According to R. Symons' "Gazetteer of Cornwall" published in 1884, "he exibited a singular tenacity for mining. He was a legitimate miner, no dealer."
- 1693, Teggs Delight, Cecil, Maryland, United States
- Date: 1693, Cecil, Maryland, United States
- 1775, Chatham, Rowan, North Carolina, United States
- 1775, Abbots Creek Cemetery, Rowan Co. North Carolina
- Sold his lands in Cecil County Maryland and moved to Frederick County Virginia
- ABT 1737, Moved from Frederick County Maryland to North Carolina
- ABT 1751, Son, Joshua, was the executor of William Teague's will and distributed the land holdings.
His wife's maiden name was Loftin, some family trees have Pennington.
- Husband: William Abel Teague
- Wife: Isabella Pennington
- Date: Btw 1705 and 1710
- Place: Cecil Co., Maryland
- Child: Moses Teague
- Child: Isaac Teaque
- Child: Joshua Teague
- Child: Edward Teague
- Child: Isaac Teague
- Child: Abraham Teague
- Child: Charity Teague
- Child: Benjamin Teague
- Child: Rachael Teague
- Child: Elijah Teague
- Child: Moses Sr. Teague
- Child: Susannah Teague
- Child: William Teague
- ↑ User ID 290ADBED-1B9D-4AE9-9FDE-927876B1F043 Record ID Number MHIF3630 User ID 290ADBED-1B9D-4AE9-9FDE-927876B1F043 Record ID Number MHIF3630
- ↑ User ID C5D95F55-0642-453B-9BFA-982CE1AA8020 Record ID Number MHIF3629 User ID C5D95F55-0642-453B-9BFA-982CE1AA8020 Record ID Number MHIF3629
- Source: S544861131 Title: GEDCOM File : 2649994.ged Data: Date: 19 Mar 2004
- Source: S544861193 Title: GEDCOM File : 2837505.ged Data: Date: 29 Mar 2004
- Source: S544861194 Title: GEDCOM File : 2842984.ged Data: Date: 3 Apr 2004
- Source: S544861195 Title: GEDCOM File : 2922919.ged Data: Date: 11 Jul 2004
- Entered by Diana Morris, Apr 17, 2012
- WikiTree profile Teague-486 created through the import of 11-2012 gedcom.ged on Nov 15, 2012 by Lee Casad. See the Changes page for the details of edits by Lee and others.
- UPD 31 JUL 2012 20:33:55 GMT -0600
Record ID Number
- Record ID Number: MH:I159
- User ID: 34RB2881-5VQ0-783U-3731-37311OR80P18
Changes and Merges
*Merge Note Please don't remove*
Teague-296 into Teague-8
Teague-436 into Teague-8
Teague-169 into Teague-8 Father William (Teague-169) mother Isabella Loftin (Loftin-29)birth 1693 death 1775
Teague-326 into Teague-8
Teague-313 into Teague-8 Father William(Teague-313) Mother Isabella (Pennington-697)
Teague-223 into Teague-8
Teague-419 into Teague-8
Teague-486 into Teague-8
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
No known carriers of William Abel's Y-chromosome or his mother's mitochondrial DNA have taken yDNA or mtDNA tests.
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? Login to add it.
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: Lee Casad, Herb Poole, Paula Marksman, Diana Morris, and Raymond Williams. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for questions directed to the wider genealogy community.)
On April 23, 2015 at 16:02GMT M. Gaulden wrote: