- Berthar Thüringen's Profile
- Family Tree & Genealogy Tools
This profile is under the management of the European Aristocracy user-group, according to the principles established for historically-significant ancestors. All WikiTree users are most welcome to participate in that group--please follow the link for more information.
Notice of resolution of ambiguous parentage
This profile has been edited with regard to parents in accordance with principles established by the European Aristocracy user-group. Medieval genealogy is not an exact science, and digital collaborative genealogy must therefore occasionally make choices where old-fashioned print-scholarship did not have to. The parents (or lack of parents) of the person described in this profile were decided upon in consultation with primary sources especially as collected in the Foundation for Medieval Genealogy’s Medieval Lands project.
The "family-relationships" reflected in this profile are highly unlikely to reflect real relationships of birth and parentage. See the page linked just above for details.
- Note N299Berthar or Bertachar
- Berthar or Bertachar was a son of Bisinus
- Bisinus, Basinus, Besinus, or Bisin was the king of the Thuringii .According to Gregory of Tours, he supplied refuge from Childeric I, the Frankish king who was exiled by his own people...
- and Basina
- Basina, Queen of Thuringia
- Basina, daughter of the Thuringian king Basin and Basina, a Saxon princess, was queen of Thuringia in the middle of the fifth century. She left her husband king Bisinus and went to Roman Gaul. She herself took the initiative to ask for the hand of Childeric I, king of the Franks, and married him...
- . He and his brothers Hermanfrid and Baderic
- Baderic, Baderich, Balderich or Boderic , son of Bisinus and Basina, was a co-king of the Thuringii. He and his brothers Hermanfrid and Berthar succeeded their father Bisinus. After Hermanfrid defeated Berthar in battle, he invited King Theuderic I of Metz to help him defeat Baderic in return for...
- succeeded their father Bisinus to the rule over the Thuringii
- The Thuringii or Toringi were a Germanic tribe which appeared late during the Völkerwanderung in the Harz Mountains of central Germania around 280, in a region which still bears their name to this day - Thuringia. They evidently filled a void left when the previous inhabitants - the...
- . Berthar, however, was soon defeated by Hermanfrid in battle.
- Berthar had one daughter, Radegund
- Radegund was a 6th century Frankish princess, who founded the Convent of Our Lady of Poitiers...
- (later canonised), who married the Frankish king Clotaire I
- Clotaire I
- Chlothar I , called the Old , King of the Franks, was one of the four sons of Clovis. He was born about 497 in Soissons ....
- The source of this article is wikipedia, the free encyclopedia. The text of this article is licensed under the GFDL.
This biography is a rough draft. It was auto-generated by a GEDCOM import and needs to be edited.
- Date: Thuringen, Germany
- Place: , , Thueringen, Germany
Could not interpret date in Death Date (Thuringen, Germany).
- WikiTree profile Thuringia-64 created through the import of Welder Family Tree.ged on Sep 10, 2011 by Deborah Anne Welder. See the Changes page for the details of edits by Deborah Anne and others.
- Source: S-2047177890 Repository: #R-2138127636 Title: Ancestry Family Trees Publication: Online publication - Provo, UT, USA: Ancestry.com. Original data: Family Tree files submitted by Ancestry members. Note: This information comes from 1 or more individual Ancestry Family Tree files. This source citation points you to a current version of those files. Note: The owners of these tree files may have removed or changed information since this source citation was created. Page: Ancestry Family Trees Note: Data: Text: http://trees.ancestry.com/pt/AMTCitationRedir.aspx?tid=16746257&pid=3636
No REPO record found with id R-2138127636.
Berthar was born in 0470. Berthar VonThuringia ... He passed away in 0530. 
No more info is currently available for Berthar VonThuringia. Can you add to his biography?
- Sherri Harder, firsthand knowledge. Click the Changes tab for the details of edits by Sherri and others.
- ↑ Entered by Sherri Harder, Dec 9, 2012
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).DNA
No known carriers of Berthar's Y-chromosome or his mother's mitochondrial DNA have taken yDNA or mtDNA tests.
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? Login to add it.
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: Living Harder and Roger Travis. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for questions directed to the wider genealogy community.)
On December 2, 2010 at 19:43GMT Krissi Love wrote: