- Blair Thomas's Profile
- Family Tree & Genealogy Tools
When Blair Frazier Thomas was born on July 6, 1894, in New Brunswick, Canada, his father, William Thomas, was 46 and his mother, Sarah Crabb., was 26. He had four brothers and one sister. He died on November 5, 1918, in France, at the age of 24, and was buried in Milo, Maine.
In 1901, Blair Thomas was 7 years old and lived in Wicklow, Carleton, Canada with his father, mother, 4 brothers, and sister. (1)
In 1910, Blair F. Thomas was 15 years old and lived in Milo, Maine with his father, mother, and 4 brothers.(2)
On June 5, 1917, he registered for the draft for World War I. His brothers Hayward, Eddie, and Perry all registered for the draft on the same date. (3)
On 5 Nov 1918 he died in France, while serving in the Navy. (4,5)
He was listed in Maine Military Men, 1917-1918: Name: Blair Frazier Thomas Serial Number: 1269106 Birth Place: Centerville, N. S. Age: 23 years Residence: Milo. Comment: Enl: RA Ft. Slocum, N. Y., Dec. 15/17. Pvt; Pvt 1st cl Oct. 4/18. Org: 4 Co GSI Ft Slocum NY to Jan. 7/18; 3 Cas Co 3 Regt Motor Mech SC Cp Hancock Ga to Apr. 18/18; 20 Co 3 Motor Mech Regt SC to June 1/18. Overseas: July 9/18 to Nov. 5/18. Died of disease: Nov. 5, 1918. (5)
He is buried in the Evergreen Cemetery in Milo, Piscataquis, Maine. The inscription on the stone: Their son. 20th Co. 3rd Air Service Motor Mechanic Rgt. Died in France.
1.1901 Census of Canada 1 citation provides evidence for Name, Residence, Birth
2.1910 United States Federal Census 1 citation provides evidence for Name, Birth, Residence
3.U.S., World War I Draft Registration Cards, 1917-1918 1 citation provides evidence for Name, Birth, Residence
4.Web: Maine, Find A Grave Index, 1700-2012 1 citation provides evidence for Name, Birth, Burial, Death
5. Maine Military Men, 1917-1918. Ancestry.com. Maine Military Men, 1917-1918 [database on-line]. Provo, UT, USA: Ancestry.com Operations Inc, 2000. Original data: Roster of Maine in the Military Service of the U.S. and Allies in World War 1917-1919. Vol. I-II. Augusta, ME, USA: n.p., 1929. Accessed 15 Apr 2014.
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).DNA
No known carriers of Blair's ancestors' Y-chromosome or mitochondrial DNA have taken yDNA or mtDNA tests and no close relatives have taken a 23andMe, AncestryDNA, or Family Tree DNA "Family Finder" test.
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? Login to add it.
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to the Profile Manager. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for questions directed to the wider genealogy community.)
There are no public comments yet.