Ulf the Earl
- d. btw 1020 - 29 SEP 1027 Denmark
- bur. after 29 SEP 1027 Hellige-Trefolg, Kirken, Roskilde, Denmark
- Earl of Uppsalla
- Earl in England
- c.1024:Regent of Denmark
- Mother: SIGRID SPRAKALEGG OR (L) SPRAKLING b: BET 935 AND 981 in HALLAND, SWEDEN
- Mother: Okänd
Marriage and Issue
- m. Estrid Svendsdatter (Cnut's sister) abt.1015/16. Issue:
- ASBJORN (L) ULFSEN SPRACKLING b: BET 1002 AND 1022 in DENMARK
- BJORN BIORN ESTRI (NOTES) DENMARK (L) ULFUSSON b: BET 953 AND 1001
- SVEND OR SWEYN II ULFSSON KING OF (L) DENMARK b: BET 988 AND 1020 in ENGLAND
- EADNOTH "THE STALLER" THANE OF (L) GLOUCESTER b: ABT 1030 in ENGLAND
- GYTHA (L) ULFSDOTTER b: BET 997 AND 1005
1009: leader - Danish raid on England
1023-1025: Governor of Jomsborg
1017: Earl (Jarl) in England
from 1026: Regent of Denmark
joined the alliance of Olav II King of Norway and Anund King of Sweden to oppose his brother-in-law King Knud
He was made an Earl in England by Knud.
joined brother's alliance to oppose Knud in 1026.
31 Dec 1026: killedd in Roskildebt in Trefoldighedskirke.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Searle, 1899
- ↑ alias: Eilif
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 Wikipedia: Ulf the Earl
- ↑ www.hull.ac.uk
- ↑ Entered by Sheri Sturm.
- ↑ ALTERNATE BIRTH: BEFORE 977
- Ulf was the father of Sweyn Estridson, and thus the ancestor of Danish royal house which would rule Denmark 1047-1375.
- ↑ Entered by Sheri Sturm.
- ↑ Death: BET 25 DEC 1026 AND 29 SEP 1027 in MURDERED ON ORDERS OF CANUTE I (HIS BROTHER IN LAW) IN ROSKILDE, DENMARK
Searle, W.G. (1899). Anglo-Saxon Bishops, Kings, and Nobles: The Succession of the Bishops and the Pedigrees of the Kings and Nobles, (pp.355). London: Cambridge University Press. [archive.org
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
It may be possible to confirm family relationships with Ulf by comparing test results with other carriers of his Y-chromosome or his mother's mitochondrial DNA. Y-chromosome DNA test-takers in his direct paternal line on WikiTree:
- Mark Chapman : Family Tree DNA Y-DNA Test 37 markers, FTDNA kit #236046
- Kenneth Harding : Family Tree DNA Y-DNA Test 37 markers, haplogroup R-M269, Ysearch 9JZ6Z, FTDNA kit #469689
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Family Tree DNA.
Images: 1 Collaboration
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: Katherine Patterson, Jeff Johnson, Erik Ginnerskov, Adam McQuery, Jeffrey Steele, and Sheri Sturm. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)
On 4 Nov 2013 at 22:55 GMT Sheri (Petersen) Sturm wrote:
Ulf is 29 degrees from Kevin Bacon, 44 degrees from Anne Frank, 31 degrees from AJ Jacobs, 32 degrees from Neil deGrasse Tyson and 25 degrees from Queen Elizabeth II of the Commonwealth Realms on our single family tree. Login to find your connection.