- Adam Thorowgood's Profile
- Family Tree & Genealogy Tools
|This person settled in the US Southern Colonies Prior to incorporation into the USA.|
|If you are interested in this profile,
please check out the US Southern Colonies Project!
Adam Thorowgood AKA Thoroughgood
- Date: 1603
- Place: St. Botolph's, Grimston, Norfolk
- Date: 27 APR 1640
- Place: Quarter Court, James City County, Virginia
Positions and Property
In 1629, Adam was Commissioner and Burgess for Elizabeth City County, and in 1630, he was Burgess.
- Wife: Sarah Offley
- Date: 18 JUL 1627
- Place: St. Anne's Church, Blackfriars, London, England
Death and Legacy
Adam's will was dated 17 February 1639/40.
- Source: S23
- ↑ Source: #S23 Vol. II, p. 414ff
- ↑ Source: #S32 pp. 607-609
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 3.4 "Abstracts of Virginia Land Patents" The Virginia Magazine of History and Biography, (Vol. 2, No. 4 (Apr., 1895), pp. 414-425) Virginia Historical Society, JSTOR,org accessed November 3, 2025.
- Source: S32 Dorman, John Frederick;Virginia M. Meyer. Adventurers of Purse and Person 1607-1624/5. Richmond, VA: The Dietz Press, Inc., 1987
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
No known carriers of Adam's Y-chromosome or his mother's mitochondrial DNA have taken yDNA or mtDNA tests.
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Family Tree DNA.
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: Mary Elizabeth Stewart and Robert Bain. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)
On August 19, 2014 at 01:17GMT C Handy wrote:
Adam is 18 degrees from Kevin Bacon, 35 degrees from Anne Frank, 20 degrees from AJ Jacobs, 24 degrees from Neil deGrasse Tyson and 15 degrees from Queen Elizabeth II of the Commonwealth Realms on our single family tree. Login to find your connection.