- Groa (Thorsteindottir) Thorsteinsdottir's Profile
- Family Tree & Genealogy Tools
Categories: Disputed Existence.
Relationships between historical figures could have been simplified or even fabricated in the text to give the impression that succession remained within the same family….Precise chronology is also difficult to assess from the Sagas….The conclusion must be that the tight family network described in the Sagas is unlikely to be correct and that the relationships shown below should be treated with considerable caution. http://fmg.ac/Projects/MedLands/NORWEGIAN%20NOBILITY.htm
Dotter, Datter, Dottir are all the same ending, meaning "daughter" in Scandinavia, and attached behind the father's first name. A woman kept her birth name all her life and did not take on her husband's last name as her own until about 100-200 years ago.
ALTERNATE BIRTH: 888, 873 Birth: 873 Hvammi, Dala, Iceland possible unmarried union, 1st for Ragnvald Death: 914 Hvammi Dala Iceland or Ringerike, Buskerrud, Norway
- This person was created through the import of Holmes.ged on 20 May 2011. ate: 16 OCT 2009
- This person was created through the import of David Rentschler Family Tree_2010-09-30.ged on 01 October 2010.
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
No known carriers of Groa's mitochondrial DNA have taken an mtDNA test.
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Family Tree DNA.
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: Chet Spencer, David Rentschler, Robert Garcia, Wendy Hampton, Marc Cohen, and Adam McQuery. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for questions directed to the wider genealogy community.)
On February 3, 2014 at 17:40GMT Annie Wilson wrote:
On November 7, 2013 at 03:11GMT Sheri Sturm wrote: