Dotter, Datter, Dottir are all the same ending, meaning "daughter" in Scandinavia, and attached behind the father's first name. A woman kept her birth name all her life and did not take on her husband's last name as her own until about 100-200 years ago.
ALTERNATE BIRTH: 888, 873 Birth: 873 Hvammi, Dala, Iceland possible unmarried union, 1st for Ragnvald Death: 914 Hvammi Dala Iceland or Ringerike, Buskerrud, Norway
- ↑ hofundssonAnces.ged
- Pedigree Resource File CD 49 Publication: (Salt Lake City, UT: Intellectual Reserve, Inc., 2002)
- Family Tree Maker site
This person was created through the import of Holmes.ged on 20 May 2011. The following data was included in the gedcom. You may wish to edit it for readability.
- User ID: 0A748B47-DFDF-4570-B09F-0275A4BF5DC5
- Record ID Number: MH:IF1203295
- Date: 8730
- Place: Hvammi, Dala, Iceland
- Source: #S231
- Page: Groa Thorsteinsdotter
- Event: Smart Matching
- Role: 3004665
- Date: 16 OCT 2009
- Text: Added by confirming a Smart Match
- Quality or Certainty of Data: 3
- Source S231
- Record ID Number: MH:S231
- User ID: CEFE7D9F-605D-4B69-9B4D-496B99700D7B
- Author: Barbara Baker
- Title: Baker Web Site
- Text: MyHeritage.com family tree
- Family site: Baker Web Site
- Family tree: family history jun09
- Media: 65741141-3
- Type: Smart Matching
- This person was created through the import of David Rentschler Family Tree_2010-09-30.ged on 01 October 2010. The following data was included in the gedcom. You may wish to edit it for readability.
- Name: unknown //
- Source: #S48
- Page: Database online.
- Text: Record for Duncan Macdonachadh
- Source: #S48
- Source S48
- Author: Ancestry.com
- Title: Public Member Trees
- Publication: Name: Ancestry.com Operations Inc; Location: Provo, UT, USA; Date:2006;
- Repository: #R1
- Repository R1
- Name: www.ancestry.com
- E-Mail Address:
- Phone Number:
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Register as a guest to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
No known carriers of Groa's mitochondrial DNA have taken an mtDNA test.
- Login to edit this profile and add images.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: David Rentschler, Chet Spencer, Marc Cohen, Rodney Timbrook, Adam McQuery, Wendy Hampton, and Robert Garcia. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post comments. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for questions directed to the wider genealogy community.)
On February 3, 2014 at 17:40GMT Annie Wilson wrote:
On November 7, 2013 at 03:11GMT Sheri Sturm wrote: