She was the dau of Lawrence and Jennett (Halstead) Townley. Jennett was the dau of John Halstead who dc 1601 in England.
"Elizabeth's sister, Mary Townley, was the wife of Captain Augustine Warner, who imported his nephew, Lawrence Smith to Virginia in 1652." from Clark book.
Elizabeth was the mother of John, Ellen and Elizabeth Halstead; and of Richard, John, Major Lawrence, Thomas and Christopher Smith.
Died 11 AUG 1662 Warner Hall, Gloucester, Virginia?
Probate Lancashire, England 28 Jan 1679
- ↑ Dugdale, 314, added 2014-07-16, amb
- ↑ Magna Carta Ancestry, p. 206, citing Dugdale, added 2014-07-16, amb
- Sir William Dugdale, The Visitation of the County Palatine of Lancaster: Made in the Year 1664-5
- Douglas Richardson, Magna Carta Ancestry: A Study in Colonial and Medieval Families, 2nd Edition
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Register as a guest to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
No known carriers of Elizabeth's mitochondrial DNA have taken an mtDNA test.
- Login to edit this profile and add images.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: Roten Cooper, Michelle Brooks, Lamar Ross, Cara Johnson, Charles Ano, and Lynn B. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post comments. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 10 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for questions directed to the wider genealogy community.)
There are no public comments yet.