- Leudwinus (Trèves) de Trèves's Profile
- Family Tree & Genealogy Tools
|European Aristocrats Source|
|Our main source for medieval genealogy in the European Aristocrats Project is the FMG database MEDIEVAL LANDS: A prosopography of medieval European noble and royal families by Charles Cawley,© Foundation for Medieval Genealogy & Charles Cawley, 2000-2015.|
d. 29 Sep 722 Reims
reinterred: Liutwinus Cathedral, Mettlach, Merzig-Wadern. Saarland, Germany
- Count of Treves
There is no evidence for a wife or children in contemporary sources. The following is data relayed by Wikipedia:
m. Willigard of Bavaria. Issue: 3 He was the son of He was called . Leudiwinus married Willigard of Bavaria and had three children:
- Milo, Count of Treves, who succeeded him as Archbishop of Treves
- Wido (Guy), Count of Hornbach
- and possibly Chrotrude of Treves (Rotrude), who married Charles Martel
- 705: Archbishop of Treves 
- bishop of Laon
This biography is a rough draft. It was auto-generated by a GEDCOM import and needs to be edited.
- Data Changed:
- Date: 7 SEP 2002
- Time: 02:09:49
- Date: 7 SEP 2002
Prior to import, this record was last changed 02:09:49 7 SEP 2002.
- WikiTree profile Treve-1 created through the import of hichris.ged on Jun 6, 2011 by Chris Hamilton. See the Changes page for the details of edits by Chris and others.
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
No known carriers of Leudwinus's Y-chromosome or his mother's mitochondrial DNA have taken yDNA or mtDNA tests.
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Family Tree DNA.
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: John Atkinson, Dr. Theodore Vandevis, Bob Fields, Ted Williams, Michael Yeats, LaVern Payne, Steve VanderLeest, David Rentschler, Sheri Sturm, Frank Sands, Sharon Meeds, Enrique Treat Gleason Aguiluz, David Bradbury, Lyman Carpenter, and Douglas Blaine Schneider. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)
On January 10, 2016 at 08:46GMT RJ Horace wrote:
PS more likely Unknown, since it seems his parentage is unsourced anyway.
On August 31, 2015 at 04:07GMT Marty Acks wrote:
On May 26, 2015 at 13:05GMT Michael Yeats wrote:
On March 8, 2015 at 21:00GMT Vic Watt wrote:
Leudwinus is 36 degrees from Kevin Bacon, 53 degrees from Anne Frank, 39 degrees from AJ Jacobs, 40 degrees from Neil deGrasse Tyson and 33 degrees from Queen Elizabeth II of the Commonwealth Realms on our single family tree. Login to find your connection.