- Liutwin (Treves) Trier's Profile
- Family Tree & Genealogy Tools
According to Wikipedia:
Leudwinus was born about 660. He was the son of Warinus, Count of Poitiers and Gunza of Metz. He was called Count of Treves. Leudiwinus married Willigard of Bavaria and had three children:
- Milo, Count of Treves, who succeeded him as Archbishop of Treves
- Wido (Guy), Count of Hornbach
- and possibly Chrotrude of Treves (Rotrude), who married Charles Martel
In 705, he was consecrated Archbishop of Treve, and he was also bishop of Laon.
Although he died at Reims on 29 September 722 and buried at Treves. His body was moved several times, and he is currently buried in the Liutwinus Cathedral in Mettlach, Merzig-Wadern, in Saarland, Germany.
- Source S-1992136522 Title: Ancestry Family Trees Publication: Online publication - Provo, UT, USA: Ancestry.com. Original data: Family Tree files submitted by Ancestry members. Text: http://trees.ancestry.com/pt/AMTCitationRedir.aspx?tid=24279608&pid=1572546253 Text: http://trees.ancestry.com/pt/AMTCitationRedir.aspx?tid=2886322&pid=1756277199
- WikiTree profile Bishop of Trier-1 created through the import of YOUNG.ged on Jul 12, 2011 by Zak Young. See the of Trier-1 Changes page for the details of edits by Zak and others.
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
No known carriers of Liutwin's Y-chromosome or his mother's mitochondrial DNA have taken yDNA or mtDNA tests.
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? Login to add it.
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: John Atkinson, Bob Fields, Sheri Sturm, David Rentschler, Lyman Carpenter, Steve VanderLeest, Sharon Meeds, Frank Sands, Ted Williams, LaVern Payne, Michelle Bailey, Michael Yeats, and David Bradbury. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for questions directed to the wider genealogy community.)
On May 26, 2015 at 13:05GMT Michael Yeats wrote:
On March 8, 2015 at 21:00GMT Vic Watt wrote: