- John Mastin Turner's Profile
- Family Tree & Genealogy Tools
Mastin Turner ... 
No more info is currently available for Mastin Turner. Can you add to his biography?
- Teresa Keel, firsthand knowledge. Click the Changes tab for the details of edits by Teresa and others.
- ↑ Entered by Teresa Keel, Jun 3, 2012
This person was created through the import of Pioneer Stock.GED on 31 October 2010. The following data was included in the gedcom. You may wish to edit it for readability.
- Note: @NI04641@
- @NI04641@ NOTE1850 census, Franklin Co., ALA., Civil District 5, enum. as Martin Turner@@ Ancestry.com.
- 1860 census, Tishomingo Co., MISS., Cripple Deer P.O., enum. as MastenTuner.
- THE FOLLOWING IS SENT AND CONTRIBUTED TO THESE FILES BY JAY POWELL, WHORECIEVED THE STORY FROM D.A. FERRIS OF LITTLE ROCK, ARK., OCT. 14, 2007IN AN E-MAIL:
- "...Here is a story passed down. John Mastin came to Tishomingo Co,Mississippi and appearantly was living with his daughter Nancy CatherineTurner Farris. Nancy's husband James Monroe Farris had gone to theMountains of Arkansas because of some trouble. Champion Farris, Monroe'sbrother had a large farm and promised to help take care of Monroe'sfamily until he returned. Champion later followed Monroe into theMountains of Arkansas around 1874, and John Mastin Turner was said tohave been on the farm with Nancy in 1874. I have John's death as 1865Tishomingo Co, MS. I am just questioning whether or not this was notinstead Nancy Hargus's father, since it only refers to him as the oldIndian Chief, he would have been around 90 years old. Something to thinkabout..."
- Old Southern Bible Records, by Memory Aldridge Lester is found his biblerecord:
- Maston Turner, b. April 13, 1800
- md. Feb. 20, 1820
- Nancy Hargus, b. Sept. 10, 1803, d. Sept. 5, 1863.
- Janey, b. Nov. 15, 1821
- John, b. Nov. 21, 1823, d. Oct. 28, 1862
- William Milam Turner, b. June 4, 1826
- Katherine, b. Jan. 24, 1828
- Mary, b. Feb. 20, 1830
- Permelia, b. Feb. 11, 1832
- Fletcher, b. Mar. 27, 1834, d. May 9, 1850
- Maston G., b. April 3, 1836 (d. Sept. 29, 1909???)
- Elizabeth, b. April 11, 1836 (Margaret Elizabeth Cain, d. Sept. 28, 1863)
- James Turner, b. Dec. 9, 1840
- Martin Luther Turner, b. Dec. 15, 1842, d. Mar. 3, 1894 in Ark.
- Thomas Turner, b. Dec. 1, 1844
- Monroe Turner, b. July 11, 1847
- Maston Greenfield Turner, d. June 9, 1865
- William Milam Turner, b. June 4, 1826 in Lincoln Co., Tenn., d. April1881 at his residence in Colbert Co., Ala.; m. Oct. 13, 1852 to Eliza C.E. Carter.
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
No known carriers of John Mastin's Y-chromosome or his mother's mitochondrial DNA have taken yDNA or mtDNA tests and no close relatives have taken a 23andMe, AncestryDNA, or Family Tree DNA "Family Finder" test.
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Family Tree DNA.
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to the Profile Manager. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)
There are no public comments yet.