Katie was born about 1787. Her daughter's census records suggest Katie was born in Canada. She probably passed away on the 3rd day of November, 1874 in Stockton, Chautauqua Co., NY at the stated age of 87.
Data & Discussion
For a detailed review of records, images, and other items of interest concerning this individual please visit the Catherine Moulton post on my research blog. I update this post whenever I discover new items.
- Katie probably died on 3-Nov-1874, one year earlier than stated on the headstone. This 1874 date is suggested by the cemetery's index card file where it shows the purchase of this plot took place on 5-Nov-1874. The cemetery burial register shows the year 1874. An 1874 death is supported by the fact her husband is found as a widower in the New York State Census dated 22-Jun-1875. I speculate she died on the 3rd and was buried on the 5th of November in 1874.
- Kate M. Moulton is recorded as the mother of Mary Kanistanaux at the time of Mary's death in 1906.
- Nancy L, preliminary research.
- Visit my blog GWILODWÔGAN for the details of my research on this family.
- ↑ Cemetery Headstone
- ↑ Cemetery Index Card File, Stockton Town Historian, July 2012
- ↑ NY State Census, 1875, Stockton, Chautauqua Co., pg. 30, Dwelling #317, Family #328
- ↑ Register of Deaths in the Town of Stockton, 1906, entry #575
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Register as a guest to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
No known carriers of Katie's mitochondrial DNA have taken an mtDNA test and no close relatives have taken a 23andMe, AncestryDNA, or Family Tree DNA "Family Finder" test.
- Login to request to the join the Trusted List so that you can edit and add images.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to the Profile Manager. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post comments. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for questions directed to the wider genealogy community.)
There are no public comments yet.